Hewlett Packard Laptop / bad customer service

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

My laptop developed a fault after 15 months. The wireless card went, and needed to be replaced.

It seems, Hewlett Packard is made up of many different companies, none of which communicate very well with each other; and none of which will take responsibility for the bad job that they do. I wasted a lot of time waiting for them to simply pick it up. Third time lucky, but after 10 phonecalls on my part.

In fixing the wirelss card they broke the keyboard, dvd player and power supply.
The computer had to be sent back again, but still the power supply did not work.

Six months on, the computer works, but has developed more faults. I am at a loss as to what to do, as i do not want anything more to do with this company.

I wrote a letter of complaint, that they did not respond to.
Their customer service department is disgusting.
I will never buy a HP product again.

Ju

Comments

• Ju
      24th of Jul, 2008

Since writing this complaint, Hewlett Packard have finally come through for me, and will now replace my laptop for free.

Apparently, there policy is, that if it has to be sent away three times they will replace it.

To whoever posted the email address of paulette hughlock- thank you!

She was however, a very nice lady, who replied immediately to my email, and helped me sort out the problem.

Her email is paulette.hughlock@hp.com
    Be nice!

• Vi
      15th of Aug, 2008

I bought a lap top from Comet on 25th March 2008 for the purpose of using with my PA system. I used it for a number of weeks and then developed problems with interference noise through the system?
    I initially took the lap top back to Comet for advice and they gave me the number of HP. I rang 0870 010 4320 and spoke to someone called Mark who listened to my problem and said that he thought it was the internal speakers on the lap top and that I had to back up any files before he rang me back on the Saturday to arrange collection of the unit. Saturday came, no return call! I rang back the week after, it took ages on the phone as no one knew who Mark was and I hadn't been given a ref number. Eventually I spoke to someone who gave his name as Nicholas Nicci, I went through everything again and he said that it couldn't be the internal speakers and that I needed to connect it up to my system in order for him to eliminate problem, I obtained a reference number 1092 7940 94 before giving him a time to ring me back . I connected up to PA system and guess what, I sat there and waited for the call? 2 hours later I rang them, another long wait being put through - eventually I was told that they would pass the message on to Nicholas to ring me back and within half an hour he did do, with no apology just an excuse that he had been in a meeting! In fairness he stayed on the phone with me for 1 and half hours trying to solve the problem but eventually said that he would go off the phone and look into it and ring me back in half an hour, this was almost 2 weeks ago - good job I gave up on the waiting or I would still be sat there! No return call!
    I took the lap top back into Comet wishing to exchange it for a different type but was told that this one had to be written off by HP before they would exchange it, I explained that I was having difficulty with your service and went out of the shop and back to the drawing board?
    All I want is to have my lap top work with my PA system as this is what I originally purchased it for?!
    HELP!