Hess Gas Station / Lottery Machine attitude

1 Douglasville, PA, United States Review updated:

I have went to this gas station a number of times to buy lottery tickets, the young lady (Katie)on duty tired 5 times to run the ticket, told me the machine always has problems . The only time the machine has problems is when she is working, it seems she is just about the only employee that does not know how to operate the machine, she has given me the name of other places to go to get my tickets. Also I think this young lady needs to be re-trained on operation of the machine. Also this last time she ask me if I could read all the numbers off the ticket so she could put them in the machine(rather time consuming). Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Comments

• Up
      9th of Jun, 2009

Hi,

I just had a similar experience at the Hess Express at 402 south 3rd street in Lemoyne, PA.

I went in to buy tickets, there was a black male and a white female in the store. I said I wanted to play the lottery, I don't know if he was in training, but she was stooped down doing something I couldn't see, she asked me what I wanted to play. I replied, that when she comes to the machine, I would tell her my numbers.

She came to the machine and said she didn't know if I wanted instant tickets or the numbers. I told her I said I wanted to play some numbers, not purchase instant tickets which is a totally different thing.

I stated I have never been to a place where I was asked what I wanted to play before she even got to the machine.

I gave her my first number, she fiddled with the machine, then said she had to get the manager. I said if she didn't know how to do it, why didn't she say so.

The manager came and I started to give her my number, she said I had to fill out the cards for my numbers, I told her that they didn't have a sign stating this, she then told me that this had to be done everywhere, I told her that was rubbish and if they didn't know what they were doing, don't waste peoples time with excuses. She was very rude and had a nasty attitude.

I went outside and wrote down the store info so I could complain. I was on-line looking for their number to speak with the DM or GM when I saw these postings.

It seems obvious that these stations/employees needs to be properly trained or we should boycott their businesses.

Upset in Harrisburg

• Br
      13th of Aug, 2009

I work at a gas station and just got taken off the schedule because I always came up on my lottery. The lottery is very confusing to those who don't play it or never had had an interest. I know its my job, thats what i do to take lottery and give lottery but with that being confusing enough then i have to do the math if someone is buying or i'm giving the money. It is very frustrating to a newbie so be patient. Not everyone wastes their money to corporations who give away money(if youre lucky)

• Br
      13th of Aug, 2009

*come up short

• Ac
      21st of Jun, 2012

I also work at a station that has a lottery machine and what really is frustrating and upsetting is that the lottery is putting machines into places like WAWA & K-MARTS that takes no effort on their part to operate a machine or sell instant tickets it's all done by the customer. So the big businesses reap the profits from the sales and don't have to pay an employee to do so. What really upsets me is that these places are refusing to pay the customer when they win on a ticket and are sending them elsewhere to cash in their ticket and they all seem to end up at my store. I was just informed that WAWA are under contract with the lottery that they DO NOT have to pay out on ticket's if they choose not to. So here are station sits wasting our time writing out checks and wasting our stamps to mail in claim forms to the lottery. What would happen to the lottery if every station would just sell tickets and not cash in winners?? Lottery would be up the creek without a paddle. P.S.PLAY HERE PAY HERE THAT SHOULD BE THE MOTTO!!!
    Signed OUT OF MONEY, CHECKS, AND STAMPS