Hertz / false charges and rudeness!

Orlando, DE, United States Review updated:
4.15

We had rented a car from Hertz at Tampa airport to return to Orlando -- were advised to return to Orlando Airport. Had previously rented from Hertz for several years as business customer -- boy are things different for "average consumer". Returned car to general car rental return at Orlando International Airport, because we could not find the off site Hertz return. We placed several calls to Hertz national office and Hertz Orlando office, and left several urgent messages asking for directions. Nearly missed our flight. Hertz has never returned the calls asking for direction, nor have they returned the MANY messages left. We spoke to Michael at Hertz orlando office, who assured us he would notify us if they could not check the car in, finally, as we were going through airport security on January 29. As of February 6, I started getting calls saying the car had not been returned, and tried to call the Orlando Hertz office to check on the status. On several occasions, the CSR hung up on me, often without even speaking (just picked up the phone and slammed it down). They refused to give me the contract information, or even check into the car. Georgy simply said "we don't deal with attitude" and hung up before I could explain the situation. Michael recommended we report the car stolen but refused to give me the license number, phone number for Orland Police, or the contract information. Supervisor Lisa took the details and promised to help and then went on vacation for several days and never followed up. On several calls, the Orlando office did not answer, and I was re-rerouted to Emergency Roadside Assistance. They took the information each time, and said they would follow up, but only one woman actually called back to say the car had in fact been collected on January 29 as requested. However, until February 12, I continued to receive several automated calls a day, and Hertz only today (Feb 13) checked in the car that was returned on January 29, charging me even after Hertz admitted the car was returned. The staff at Orlando were the rudest I had ever encountered, often refusing to take any information. The supervisor Toni hung up after saying “ it is not our business to help you, you tourists deserve to pay and should not expect service or courtesy.”
Ed

Comments

An
  20th of Mar, 2008
An Hertz employee by the name of Nick was extremely rude to me when I asked for his assistance. I had a question to ask this gentleman and requested that he approach me because I was traveling alone with a small child, 4 bags of luggage and plus a stroller. This individual informed me that he would not assist me because he believed that way that I waved for him to approach me was how you summoed a dog! To make a long story short, I got his immediate supervisor name Bob Shelby and the general manager name John Cherry and tried to complain. They will not return any phone calls. The issue was never address. I would not recommend this company to anyone!
An
  18th of Oct, 2010
check out recent employee whistleblower for Hertz who are awful - I work in UK and European Call Centre in Dublin where we worked into the ground, and constant over bookings and understaffment and monitoring

Hertz Logo Hertz