Heartland Inc / Unwanted subscription

1 P.O. Box 3586Des Moines, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-292-4882

A representative of Heartland calls asking if you want to renew your subscription to a magazine you are presently receiving. They don't tell you that they aren't the company through which you are presently ordering your subscriptions. If you're in the practice of renewing over the phone, this seems like a reasonable request. You're then sent a subscription to more magazines than you want and are told your payment plan is only $59.85 over the next 19 months for a total order value of $1197.
I tried to talk to a representative of the company, but they wouldn't talk to me. It's their company policy to only talk to the person who has the account. Heartland will not even honor the request of the account holder to speak to another person. Today my wife talked to a manager (Brandy) who was rude to, and raised her voice at, my wife, arguing with my wife. Brandy wouldn't listen to what my wife had to say. Heartland's tactic is to bully the account holder into paying for magazines that they don't want, at prices that aren't in align with the value of the magazines.
We've been trying to get this subscription issue resolved for over two months. One manager canceled it. Then two months later someone calls and tells us we still owe. They advertise 24/7 service and give an 866 number to call, but never answer the phone (how convenient for them.) That allows them to call back when they want to talk, not when you want to talk.
DO NOT deal with this company.

Do

Comments

• Ke
      25th of Feb, 2009
    heartland inc - subscriiptions
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    kephart0814@comcast.net

Ihave just been through a lot of hardship with this company and have gotten nowhere. I did not agree to additional mags. I agreed to change the ones i had. I was promptly told that there was a tape and i listened to it. I continued to inform her that i was told this was in place of the other magazines and that i do not want an additional account. I was told there were no options except to extend payments to make it easier. What can i do because i can't afford to pay this?

• Si
      7th of Jan, 2010
    heartland inc - rude
    Heartland Inc
    10 Cunningham Ln Unit 105
    Billerica
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 978-362-3830

I have been getting calls non stop, all hours of the day & night. When I answered the phone, the guy was very ride! He knew all sorts of info about me and started yelling at me. He was making fun of me also. He kept asking questions after I asked a question, not answering my questions. Telling me that I am a teacher? Is this how i talk to my students? then he hung up on me. About a minute later he called me back, "private Number, Private Name" asking me my age and then when I wouldn't tell him any info about myself he started back up saying "Thank God you were not my teacher" and such. He was very rude and wouldn't let me talk. I told him to refund me my money and he said no. I asked him what the name of the account was that was taking the money out of my account, and he said " i'm not going to give you some body else's info". How is that giving me some body else's info? I was looking in my bank account to see the withdrawals from them, and he wouldn't tell me the name. I want y money back, and some answers or I WILL be connecting the District Attorney's office immediatly. I would like a reasonable explaination and my money back into my account by the end of the week or I will be in contact with the District Attorney.

• Je
      27th of Feb, 2010

I was scammed by this company. When I realized what had happened, within the very short 10 day cancelation time I sent a certified letter cancelling everything! I had tried to cancel over the phone and was met with rudeness and the run around at every turn. I went on line to my Indiana State Atorney General's site and filed an unsolicitated phone call/fraud complaint. Several weeks later I received a letter stating that my complaint was investigated and found grossly at fault. They were fined several thousand dollars. I urge you to file a complaint as I did. Good Luck. I now hang up on anyone selling or wanting to renew anything over the phone. Before you hang up tell them to take you off their call list and that if you ever get a call again from them that you will sic the Attorney General on them. It works!

• Fr
      25th of Apr, 2011

calling every 2 to 3 weeks, different co. calling, saying they bought them out. for over 6 monthes.

• Vi
      2nd of Aug, 2016

These people call saying they are my magazine company and that they want to better my subscription and I told them that I haven't recieved a magazine in 4 years because I canceled my subscription and they deny that saying I still recieve them, yet I have moved three times since then knowing theres no way I have recieve a magazine. They have hung up on me twice and will not let me talk to a manager and I haven't found a way to contact them. (They always call me.) I am sick and tired of these people. And I am going to try everything in my power to shut them down. Signed ex-customer.

2nd of Aug, 2016
    Heartland Inc - Magazines
    Heartland Inc
    Des Moiunes
    Iowa

I have read the other complaints and it sounds like my story. They call, impersonate they are your magazine company, you have ordered 60 months of magazines you did not order at 49.95 per month, and what is your credit card number. I put them off for weeks and then they called the house four times a day for a week! They said they were sending me to collections, were going to pull $1400 out of my account if I did not set up payments. There tape I listened to was me saying uh uh and I really nice . They had to have doctored the conversation from when I did not realize what a rip-off company they are. I finally gave in to 30 a month for 19 months because we can't afford to have our credit screwed up. As soon as I finish here I contacting the BBB. I hope everone learns from this