Heartland America / club rip-off

www.heartland america.com
Phone: 1-800-229-2901
they willtake your cridet card info and automaticaly charge you for a membership without your consent! cost me an overdraft fee!

A  2nd of Nov, 2009 by
I agree too here. Their merchandise breaks too easily and they go into your bank account with your consent. I did not appreciate their customer service.
A  10th of Jan, 2010 by
Yes, fortunately for me, my credit card on file with them was not viable when they tried to do that to me. My initial entry into their Value Club thing did not at all discuss their automatic renewal (as I looked for it heavily having been burned in the past). They did send me something later disguised as a $10 off coupon, that did warn me of the auto renewal, but I did not read it at the time since I was not ready to use the coupon. I NEVER signed anything agreeing to the charge. later told them on the phone that we would be having a serious problem had they auto renewed me. Fortunately, as of 2010, this auto renewal practice is no longer legal, but I still will not purchase anything from them again. They are crooks and I hope that people get wise to this practice and that they go out of business. I also hate the auto $2.99 processing fee added to each order. So, I guess when I bid a contracting job, I can quote a lower price and then add a processing fee later huh and might as well do the job again the following year and bill them automatically? Companies like them only make the more honest Internet companies look better and may the most honest company win in the long run.

Heartland America Logo Heartland America