Heald College / Full time/Part time status

1 Salinas, CA, United States Review updated:

Recently, I've had a storm of issues with the Salinas Heald and their attention to details regarding Full-time/Part-time status.
So initially I got let go from temp work and decided to take up a new line of work: Medical Assisting. Since my income at my temp job was considerable, I didn't qualify for grants and had to go with loans. I was told by the financial aid person (who doesn't work there anymore) that I would be going part-time the first quarter, then full-time the rest of the way. Ok, sounds good so far. 2nd Quarter comes up, I was given full-time classes and assumed everything was normal and finished another quarter (.. normal except for a unprofessional English teacher by the name of Mr.Farson whose verbal abuse towards the class made "learning" a painful process). Third Quarter starts up and everything is going with a full-time schedule... until the 5th/6th quarter in. I got sent a number of emails (student and personal emails) and three phone calls (cell and home) by an individual named Ms. Pass who threatened that I would potentially be dropped from classes if I didn't stop by her office and resolve an issue. I couldn't help but panic a little bit and I headed back to school to figure things out. Apparently I wasn't supposed to get full-time coursework but, part-time and now I owe roughly $5, 000. I spent the next week trying to get it resolved and they couldn't (or didn't want to) do anything for me. The best thing they could do was trying to offset things and give me two quarters of part-time classes to offset this mistake.
I feel like my whole experience there has been lackluster and within this last week, I've heard about a few lawsuits brewing and I've read some of the other comments on here regarding credits not transferring to other schools?!?!? I was hoping to become an RN after Heald but this whole time at Heald may be for nothing?
I work so hard to be professional and keep really good grades but for what? I'm considering just leaving and trying to figure out a plan B. Suggestions??

Comments

• Al
      15th of Sep, 2011

Finish, complete, what you went there for and try not to get distracted. Once you get that done, let them facilitate you with a job. At that they say they are apparently good at, according to their track record. If you are looking to go to a four year college then you should start at a community college and then transfer over. You might be able to transfer over your associates degree you get at Heald to another specialized school, but first you have to find out which other school you want these credits to go into .