The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Harvey Norman / shark vacuum cleaner

1 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

On the 27/8/18 I was vaccuming with my shark vacuum cleaner and it was in the turbo motion . It suddenly made a slowing motion sound, then instantly a giant zapping spark came up the shaft and it exploded with a flame coming out of the air vent close to my hand at the top of the handle . I instinctively dropped the vacuum handle to the ground because it gave me a mild electric shock and a minor burn to my right pinky finger . I felt unsteady and nauseous and my heart was racing . I called out to my dad and sat down quickly as I felt unsteady on my feet . The shark had basically exploded and had stopped . My dad turned it off at the power point to make sure no more electricity went into it . He took me up to the doctor to get checked out . My doctors surgery's name is fernlands medical centre . The nurse did my vital obs and put a ECG on me to check the rhythm of my heart to insure I was ok . They said I could go home but have someone stay with me just in case anything changes over night . I had headaches, continued nausea and generally light headed and unsteady . At this stage my condition has settled and hopefully it will remain so . It was a very dangerous incident that could have ended way worse . Luckily the flame didn't cause a fire and the electric shock was not high enough to be life threatening . It all could have been due to a malfunction in the vacuum cleaner . I felt this is important to bring to your attention as it is a very serious health and safety hazard . My father had bought the Shark from Harvey Norman at Everton Hills and there is computer record of the purchase . I will await your response of what is the next step that's needed to insure no further such incidents to happen . Thank you for your time .

Li
Aug 28, 2018

Post your comment