Harvey Normancustomer service/product

I ordered a laptop online on november 23rd 2018. Today I still have not received an email to collect it. I choose click and collect thinking this would be quicker than delivery. After several attempts to contact the store I called customer service today and was told they couldn't do anything other than send an email like I did. Finally got a call back just now from the broadmeadows store and was advised they asked geelong store to send the laptop to them on the 3rd of december. When I asked why it took so long to contact the geelong store I was advised that they cannot just look it up to see what store has availability, they have to email each individual store and await a response.
The customer service received has been horrible and the wait time for a product is unacceptable. I will not be in a rush to return as a customer when this is the treatment received. There is a complete lack of urgency with this company. I would have been better off selecting delivery I would probably have it by now. I also asked if the request was sent on the 3rd why does it take over a week for it to be shipped an hour down the road?
The website should tell consumers if the product is not available at a store and how long the wait will be, or advise of stores that do have stock. I would have picked it up in geelong last week had I known as I was down there.
Now I am without the item and who knows when I might get it. On top of that I now have to drive to pick it up after waiting all this time.

Sh