Harlem Furniture / Lack of competence and service!

I am writing to express my complete annoyance and disbelief as to the lack of competence this business has provided me with! I purchased a living room set for 2K on Tuesday. I told them upon purchasing that I absolutely need the delivery to be on Saturday. To secure the deal, they assured me that would not be a problem! Turns out they are liars! The distribution center called me the next day and claimed there was no possible way they can deliver on Saturday. So they told me my delivery date would be Thursday between 8-12. I do not have family members near my apartment and my friends, like me, work Monday- Friday from 9-5 in the city. So my only option here was to take the morning off of work and wait for my delivery. I received 3 confirmations about my delivery date and time the night before!!!

It was approximately 10:30 on Thursday and still no furniture. I was told I would be the 3rd stop - so I was a bit concerned. I called the store - THERE WAS NO DELIVERY SCHEDULED FOR ME THAT DAY!!!

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN AFTER 3 PEOPLE CALLED TO CONFIRM???

I spoke with a manager Dale, who told me 1st she would call the distribution manager and then call me right back - and 2nd that she would find a resolution for misunderstanding that day.

She never called me back... I continuously had to keep calling her to find the status... by 2:00 she was "STILL WORKING ON IT!" She never called to confirm the delivery would not arrive that day.

I missed an entire day of work for nothing!!! No managers were assisting or returning calls and when I called Joyce Solomon, an apparent customer service manager, at 4:00 p.m. that day - she apparently was at lunch!!!

I am so annoyed right now I cannot even put it into words!!!

Apparently now they are delivering on Saturday - I expect a major discount to be applied for all my inconvenience and for making me miss an entire day of work. I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this.

Kind Regards,
Anitra Lewis

Harlem Furniture
79th & Cicero
8027 South Cicero
Scottsdale Shopping Center
[protected]

Comments

• Li
      1st of Dec, 2007

That store is horrible! They just want a sale. I purchased my family room set and it was defective from day one. I called and they would send a technician who would tell me what was wrong with the set and that Harlem would call me back. They never call me back. I called them back and every time, the answer was there was nothing with the furniture. Finally, I called again and some one came out a couple of weeks ago and again I called today and it is the same story, even though he claimed that the furniture was defective. I have a broken sleeper that does not open, a loveseat recliner hat does not completely close, and chair with an arm rest that unravels because it gets caught ever time the recliner is closed. The set is that microfiber and leather set. I was told it does not stain, but they lied about that too. It does stain and their representatives are extremely rude. I would rate Harlem Furniture as worst out there. By the way, I am still waiting for the supervisor to call me back. Anyone out there can help me?