Handyman Club of America / rip off company scam!!!

1 MN, United States Review updated:

Stay away from this company and their "enticing offers". They are all a scam!

Their guarantee is totally worthless! They will continue to send you bills and have their collection agency hassle you into paying when you have a $0.00 balance!

If you have been suckered into this club, and you are receiving books even though you have cancelled your membership... Do not use the postage paid address sticker. Pay for the shipping and ship it certified with delivery confirmation, so you have proof they have received the book. Otherwise, you will receive bills for the rest of your life and harassing phone calls.

Again, stay away from handyman club of america - they are a number one scam!!!

Comments

• Le
      5th of Jul, 2011

I to have received a book sent it back right away and keep getting a bill for $33.98 for a book that i did not want and iam really scared that the Handyman Club of America will send me to a collection agency with only a phone conversation with someone that I spoke with about a year ago as proof.The sad part is that I can't talk with someone that can understand my concerns and stop this madness.The phone numbers listed are 1-800-243-7679, 1-800-344-6913 and 1-800-463-8820.

• Ti
      2nd of Aug, 2011

I recieved a router bit set and case that I never asked for, I returned the item and paid for shipping out of my own pocket for almost $12.00 to return the item, and handyman club has said they have recieved the item back and they still have not taken the $44.98 they claim I owe them off the account. It does no good to email these jokers, they just give some line of ###.
    DO NOT JOIN OR ACCEPT ANY THING FROM THIS so called club!!! You will be sorry if you do. They claim you will receieve free tools, what a damn joke, a plastic ruler from dollar tree would be better.

• St
      12th of Dec, 2015

I have tried calling these people.I get no answer none what soever. I thought a lifetime member got to try out tools and keep them. I got just 8 of the red books. I liked them. I paid my dues and have ask for some of the books but no one seem to care. when you try to go on their site they put you on this web page called ASK I dont like being forced to a site I dont like something needs to be done with these kind of people.

• Ws
      22nd of May, 2018

I have a lifetime membership in the handyman club of America. They kept sending me cheep Chinese made tools to test. I I told them to stop sending the tools and send only the magazines. They stopped sending the magazines. I contacted them and I never heard from them. They are scammers as far as I'm concerned.