Handyman Club of America / false collection referral notice

United States Review updated:
I have no idea who this company is, but a threatening letter arrived today saying that this was their 6th attempt to contact me regarding an overdue membership account, and that if action was not taken to settle this account a Collections Agency would be contacting me.

Again, I don't know who these people are. Their information does not include any contact information beyond a PO Box Number.

I searched the net and found a parent company for them ( North American Membership Group). Calling them resulted in being referred to another number [protected] to 'cancel' my subscription. I never had a subscription to start with.
Wo

Comments

Jo
  15th of Oct, 2009
October 15, 2009

This very awful, threatening (collection letter) happened to us. The Handyman Club of America said they "cleared the way" for us to take advantage of a vast array of other benefits, many of which represent substantial privileges that cost a significant amount of money to provide. We know of no such offers!

Robert Masters, Credit manager, said he was forwarded our records by his Membership Director and said that we had not paid for our benefits in the Handyman Club of America! We have to pay the school in advance before they even place an order!

We are retired and have paid our bills on time. We purchased Handyman Magazine through our grandaughter's school fund-raiser last year. We do not re-new any of them until the school has it's annual fund-raiser. We have asked the PTO and the School Board to look carefully into this horrible Magazine ordering project.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com Logo HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com