Hamilton Beach Coffee Brewmaster / Coffee tastes like PLASTIC

1 264 Yadkin RoadSouthern Pines, NC, United States Review updated:

We got one of these Brewmasters and we really love it. The idea that you dont have to fool around with a glass carafe is nice. However, we have noticed that the coffee seems to taste plasticky..when the coffee brews, it sits in a plastic bucket until its dispensed. I do not know if thats the reason coffee tastes funny, or if it picks up the plastic taste from the container the water is poured in to...we use bagged coffee, so its not picking up taste from a plastic can...we are just so disappointed with this, as the coffee maker is really cool. We do keep our coffeemaker clean and our water is not hard. Has anyone else had this issue?

Va

Comments

• Ba
      11th of May, 2008

We had the same problem and now I am looking for a different brand coffee maker.

When we first purchased this and used it (for months now) it brewed a superb cup of coffee. Loved all the features of the coffee maker and was convinced that we would not stray from this model.

However, about a month ago, even with cleaning and using filtered water, the plastic taste is horrendous and makes the coffee unpalatable. What is puzzling is the fact that the coffee maker is inconsistent... sometimes it is horrible for a week (every day) and then it works fine for a few days. However, I end up tossing out too much coffee and being inconvenienced so often that I am going to purchase another brand and ditch this one.

• Le
      16th of Jun, 2008

Aloha,
    We just purchased the Brewmaster and loved it. However, the coffee does have a "plastic taste" and I noticed a fine, oily suspension floating on the coffee.

Because of the taste and oily film, we have decided to return the Brewmaster back to the store.

We will be looking for a different coffee maker.

Les & Shan

• Mr
      14th of Nov, 2010

ITs not only my brewmaster, but other also.could you install a button or something to increase the heat.I just cant get a good cup of hot coffee.IT is not good and HOT.I know you would have to put an warning light on it or some one would sue you.BUT think of a way, to do so? for we who want a HOT cup of coffee.THANK YOU FOR your time.GOD BLESS. I have heard many people say this samething also. HOT HOT HOT

• On
      28th of Mar, 2012

Customer service is horrible for this company! I don't know who hires these rude people who will talk over the customer!!! I have never had such a terrible experience as I've had with the Hamilton brand! The electric kettle cover just broke on its own and they expect me to pay them $10 to ship their piece of junk back to them in return for the same piece of junk?! What planet are you people from? And why is this company still selling defective product?! Get your junk product out of our stores ASAP!

• Dj
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Hamilton Beach Brands - Countertop oven model 31100

The on/off knob broker on the oven. It has been impossible to get a replacement, and result we will most likely toss it in the trash heap where it belongs. Your customer service is abysmal. I will not be a Hamilton beach or provide silx customer in the future.

• Eg
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Hamilton Beach Brands - Percolator
    Queens Village
    New York

I bought a percolator and the handle snapped off
    I have tried to contact you via the web site numerous times and have no response. The wait time for phone support is 30+ minutes and I have been unable to contact you in that manner either.

I would like a replacement or refund

• Aa
      20th of Sep, 2018
    Hamilton Beach - No accessories available in my country (india)
    India
    Hamiltonbeach.in

Bought Hamilton beach rice cooker(37541) but cooking pot is not available to buy here as spare and since no others pots fit into this, i request you to make these accessories/ parts available if you want your company in our country to be able to stand.