Hair Cuttery / lack of customer service

1 Spring House Village SalonSpringhouse, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215-793-9556

I have been a longtime client of this salon and have a regular stylist. However on 8-30-08 she was on maternity leave and I had another stylist who turned out to be ''the manager''. I had my usual touch-up and trim, I have shorter hair than most men and have a touch-up and trim every 3 weeks to keep it short. I have been paying the same price since I started having my hair touched up at this salon but this time I was charged a much higher price. When I questioned this the ''manager'' flipped out making me feel very, very uncomfortable in front of the other customers and stylists !! She even went so far as to pull out a price list and circle items and shove it in my direction telling me that when my stylist comes back from leave she will have a talk with her about prices, etc.I was totally humiliated !!! I still can not believe how she acted. I usually have my husbands hair cut there as well but I cut his hair myself so I didn't have to go back. On top of that there is no online way to contact the company about problems, you have to call a toll number and leave a message and they are supposed to call you back.

Sa

Comments

• Un
      14th of Nov, 2008

I agree with your complaint that customer service has really gone down the tubes. I am not one to have my hair cut at a salon such as hair cuttery but time was not on my side... I needed a cut that day. I also was attended by an "assistant-manager" and to my surprise her attitude was quite shocking. I too felt threatened by her when she stopped cutting my hair, starred me in the eye, and proceeded to tell me that what I was requesting was not mentioned in the beginning. I just stated that she needed to brush up on her listening skills. She chopped my hair. I left with an AWFUL cut and a frizzed perm. I have to wear my hair pulled up all the time or have it shaved. I did contact customer service and received a partial refund. Several times I requested from Mary, the district manager, an explanation for not given a full refund. She did not respond to any of them. Definitely in need of more education pertaining to customer service. This salon strives to be in a high standard category but its customer service will always keep it low.

• Jr
      25th of Nov, 2008

I went to hair cuttery on town center prkwy in jax fl. I got the worst hair cut ever. I went back for a redo by the manager renee and she was worse than the first cut she was unproffessional and looked liked a little kid she is too young and does not speak or communicate like an adult. She kept asking personal questions while cutting my hair. I felt like I was being interrogated I let her finish and left . I was at her mercy because she was cutting my hair other wise I would have slapped her .

• Ga
      16th of Jul, 2009

While I understand your complaint, the manager was not necessarily "in the wrong" for charging you more. I am a hair stylist, and I ALWAYS charge people the correct prices from the pricing list. Clients love to argue with me about the prices because so and so changed them less. Hair stylists do this a lot of times to improve tips. They think that if they charge less, they will get more money in tips. This is selfish, though, because when stylists charge the correct price, they get dirty looks and crappy or no tips from clients.

• Ro
      20th of Feb, 2010

Customer Service and professionalism seems to be lacking in most of the solon workers hired at this establishment anywhere you go.. That's why it is what it is and you pay what you pay. Everyone knows you take your chances at these places. It is very common for a good technician to suddenly disappear. Company policy states they can be no leads or solicitation as to allow customers to follow them.

I have repeatedly encountered techs who do not understand what or how to do a "Stacked Bob." They claim they have to shave the back of my head. If they ere well trained, they would know how to do this cut properly. If I had good sense, I would refuse to allow them to give me a "Woody Woodpecker" instead by angling the sides and just wacking layers up the back of my head. Now when I get up in the morning, I look in the mirror and look like I slept on a board. I have only walked out of a Hair Cuttery once in this situation, . That was due to a very butch technition, who wanted to shave my head, jerking my poor tired neck around during the shampoo. Then why, do you ask, do I keep going back? Because once in a while, I come across a tech who actually gets me and what I want and does a good job. Then she disappears.

• Sr
      21st of Nov, 2010

Anyone know a good place to go for color and haircut?