Gym Companybait marketing

I have since signed a contract with gym company at East Rand Mall, my understanding at the time was that the membership will be activated once I visit the gym, of which I never did and to this day R199 goes off my bank account monthly, I have then complained to the consumer ombudsman and the case was lost due to the fact that I have signed the contract - and I asked the consumer legal department if they have questioned if I was fully conversant with the contract as the law of contract (caveat emptor) requires and I concluded after losing the case that I have enlisted the service of a toothless dog.
today, on enquiry, I wanted to know if I could bring my partner to gym with me since on their website it is clearly stated - "under privileges that one could bring a partner every day for free" - even when I understand that it is a privilege - it should be clear, is this privilege permanent or temporary? because I am of the opinion that every day presupposes 365 days of the year?
this is another way of roping in unsuspecting consumers into their bait scheme, I so wish I could have a legal mind strong and willful enough to take this matter on, gym company is taking people for a ride and they don't give a damn.
I appeal to every sane south African to thoroughly inspect the contract before signing it especially of the company in question.
I am pro south African companies but I do not condone fraud like activities and they should be made aware that people are not at all happy with this kind of marketing strategy, they sound all good but they do not deliver on their promises.
Gym Company please be reasonable and fair in your business dealings.

Ab
May 18, 2017

Comments

May 31, 2017

Hi there, please drop me an email on [protected]@gmail.com if you would like to sign a petition. A lot of people are complaining about the same thing but does not want to take action against them