Gumtree.com / featured adverts really suck!
Gumtree (www.GumTree.com) has just pinched £20 from my credit card - without featuring my ad as promised.
I have the gumtree invoice and the gumtree ad approval to prove my point - but my gumtree advert is nowhere to be seen and has been deleted.
Meanwhile the £20 fee has already been grabbed from my credit card by gumtree.
I have emailed all of the staff, but they are not responding.
The advert was not offensive, and there are many other free adverts of similar wording (And type) on gumtree.com.
After doing further research, I have found out that gumtree frequently creams such funds off people's credit cards on a regular basis.
Many of the featured advertisers who do not follow up their paid adverts will then be duped into thinking that gumtree has posted their advert - when in fact their ads have since been deleted.
My advice is that you should not upgrade your free gumtree advert to a paid featured gumtree ad until gumtree comes clean on it's fraudulent advert deletion policies.
More Gumtree.com Complaints & Reviews
- Gumtree - gumtree ripped me off!!! 
- Gumtree - processing time a joke 
- Gumtree - processing time of an ad for 48 hours 
- Gumtree.com - featured ads are a scam! 
- Gumtree - scam 
- Gumtree - theft
- Gumtree - selling kittens
- Gumtree - ad 1297214260
- Gumtree - your billing for products not bought
- Gumtree - rogue spam furniture ads in brighton, for sale section.