Guess Handbagbroken handle after 1 month use

My mother travelled to New Zealand to visit my sister last year. While there she popped into a GUESS store and bought me a handbag which she gave to me at Christmas (2013).
By the end of January, one handle on the bag started coming away from the bag! After spending that amount on a handbag, you would kind of expect it to last more than one month!!
I have bags I bought from other merchants at half the price which have lasted years!
Having contacted GUESS online and sending them a picture of the broken product, I have still yet to get a response...

I mean what can I do?? I got it as a gift. My mother is devastated that it broke so soon! How do I go about getting any form of compensation for this product that is obviously extremely poor quality.

I have about 8 GUESS bags and have always found they look pretty for a year before starting to fray and discolour... But this is ridiculous!

Unfortunately I do not think I will ever be buying one ever again. I will make sure to advise all I know to NOT ever buy a GUESS handbag! Or any of their products!

Guess Handbag