Guardsman / Warranty

1 Grand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:

Like others have said, this company is a joke. The warranty is worthless. lost power on a reclining sofa. Filed my claim right away online. Sent the paperwork the following day. Guardsman simply claims they never got the paperwork. All info is on the online claim, but they say they have to have the paperwork in 30 days. Asked me to send again and they got it, just not in the 30 days. So, they deny everything. Cant resubmit because it has to be filed within 5 days of occurring.
Customer service is horrible. will not talk to you and refuse to put you through to a supervisor. Gave me non working email address. Tried to file complaint on their website and it returned Server Failed.
What a joke. Strung me along for nearly 2 months.

Mw
Jan 26, 2017

Comments

• Li
      9th of Aug, 2017

I agree. They tried to repair my chair. The tech did not know what he was doing. He made it worse. Bulge in the seams. Now they refuse to come back and correct the mistake. Save your money Do Not Buy A Guardsman Plan. They are worthless.

• Li
      9th of Aug, 2017

They are.a scamming company. They sent someone to repair a small tear in my chair. Now the whole seam is bulging and they say "Not our fault". It us the manufacturer. The seam was okay until they took it apart. The phone rep even hung up on me. She stated the claim is denied and there is nothing we can do. Than she hung up when I asked to speak to someone else.

• Wi
      23rd of Jan, 2019

Looks like bad/no service is the way Guardsman operates. We spent $2000on two leather power recliners. Protection plan was $259. When the controller stopped working I sent claim to them
    Two month later claim denied saying we did not go thru to the manufacturer first so no coverage.
    A class action suit might be the only way to get at them. I'm trying to get the retailer (Steinhafels)
    to help me out but am not holding my breath.
    I have ordered the replacement parts and will chalk this misadventure up to adult education.
    I will absolutely never buy a service agreement again.