Guardsman / inferior product/not as advertised

Phone: 800-253-3957

Purchased a Kingsdown mattress from Boyle's Furniture in North Carolina-delivered one month ago. In order to meet the obligation of our new mattress warranty, I complied with the purchase of a Guardsman 10 yr protection plan applying a Guardman Protect-a-bed mattress cover. We laundered the pad for the first time as directed(tumble dry medium) and now have a molten glob instead of a mattress pad. Guardsman advises me I must seek replacement from Protect-a-bed. Protect-a-bed advises med I must seek a replacement from Guardsman. The label on the mattress pad package states"Guaranteed for 10 yrs agst fabric & manufacturing defect only. Guarantee limited to the Protectabed product. For full fetails of this guarantee see reverse of this insert." The reverse side of the insert described is blank. The protectabed cover was $40. The 10 yr protection plan much pricier. The insert does acknowledge the Protectabed cover was manufactured in China. Imagine that!!! And so, does Guardsman expect me to get an interpreter to help me iron out this little problem?

Comments

• Mf
      30th of Apr, 2009

I had the same experience. I was provided with 3 mattress pads. The first one did fine, but the other two are just globbed together and unuseable. It is a shame because the one that works is fabulous.

• Pr
      6th of Oct, 2009

This product is under warranty and will be replaced if the proper channels are followed. No interpreter is needed as Protect-A-Bed is headquartered in Chicago, IL. It seems that some people make the process more dramatic and complicated than it really is. Visit www.protectabed.com for more details.