Guaranty Bank / Guaranty Bank will keep your money hostage if you leave the Midwest

1 Madison, WIMadison, AL, United States Review updated:

This bank has the most horrible costumer service!!! Do not bank with guarenty bank!!! If you ever decide to bank with this for-profit company, never leave the midwest because they will keep your money hostage. I banked with them for 10 years and didn't have an issue until I left the state. I moved to the west coast and notified the bank in person, twice, that I was traveling through certain states. They both penciled it down but I doubt they did anything about it. I broke down in south dakota, no vehicle, and stranded in a small town. I needed most of my money out my account to leave and they refused to allow me to withdraw my money from out-of-state. I was forced to use my credit card and had to pay a hefty fee. It was biting nails trying to have the very empathetic "guarenty" bank to give me my money over the phone. They were also very rude and overall mean to me for even wanting my money... This bank really cares for one thing, to cover their # with fraud and keep your money as tight as they can. Even cancelling my account with them was a pain stacking process... Please bank with a credit union... They are more helpful, community based, and not-for-profit.

Ch
Jun 7, 2015

Comments

• Th
      9th of Jun, 2015

They made their withdrawal policy to you perfectly clear before you opened your account. If it was an issue then, why did you open your account?

9th of Jun, 2015

*CORRECTION* (Madison, Wisconsin not Alabama) I didn't have an issue until I left. This is the whole point of telling the bank in person on multiple occasions I was traveling through certain states and moving to a certain state. They didn't note this on my record when requested, and when an emergency happened, they only said I had to get my withdraws in person! This is impossible because I WAS OUT-OF -STATE obviously! Again, this was MY MONEY that they refused to give me access to when requested and falsely insured I would before I left.

• Th
      9th of Jun, 2015

You don't seem to have answered my question though - If their policies were an issue, why did you agree to them and create your account?