Group Health / Rip off

1 Redmond, WA, United States Review updated:

I've had Group Health coverage for about 6 months. I went in recently and was recommended a liver ultrasound by my doctor, who promised that the cost would only be my $30 co-pay. I asked twice to make sure that was the case. I got a bill recently for nearly $400. I have called, contested and filed compliants with the WA Insurance Commission. It hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm stuck with a bill I was promised didn't exist. They are completely unwilling to work with me, rather they see me as a dollar sign only. Do not trust them, even their doctors lie. Check and recheck, then get everything they say in writing. If you have a choice, DO NOT chose them as your provider. You will not be happy.

Comments

• Le
      21st of Aug, 2008

I visited one of their registered gynecologists and asked for a smear test and general exam, also wanted to get tested for stds.what happened was, i was given a smear test, i received the result of the test, but charged for 2 lab tests, for 400 bucks.I tried to get info on what were those bills for, they don't itemize their bills, and their customer service told me i was tested for stds...fantastic, their lab and billing system works to rip you off...Now I have to see another doctor because I cannot get any info what i was tested for, whether I have any problem or what, i visited the doctor to find out whether i had any problems, but i just ended up spending 570 total for zero info...fantastic..

• Mo
      9th of Jun, 2011

The charge or co pay for the test would be up to your Insurance provider, not your doctor.

• Js
      9th of Feb, 2013

In Group Health's case, the insurance provider and the doctor are one in the same. GH doctor's have the big thumb of GH's board on them and if a doctor is too responsive to the patient, there's some serious 'brow-beathing." For a short period, Group Health was a pretty decent place, but in the laster several year's there's been a huge decline in service. Group Health's bottom line these days IS the bottom line. In other words $$$$$ first and the patient last.