Group Health Cooperative / Urgent care, lab results, appointments

1 Bellevue, WA, United States

Group Health is the absolute worst. I went to Urgent care for severe abdominal pain that had me bent over and crying. After the Triage nurse saw me, she dismissed me like I was over reacting about my pain, told me the wait would be long because they were busy. 2 1/2 hours later, after many patients had been called before me, even patients who had arrived after me (and they said they see by urgency, not arrival order, and I was the only one in the room in tears) I still hadn't been called in to be seen by a doctor, and when I asked the receptionist how much longer the wait would be, I found out, the triage nurse forgot to move my name to the waitlist to be seen by a doctor.

When I finally was seen, the doctor ran multiple tests, one which came out positive for an infection a few days later, but I was never called by anyone at Group Health about this test result to be notified! I found out from public health who had called to make sure everything had been taken care of. When I told her Group Health never told me about the test result, she was pretty upset. And if public health never called me, I probably would have never found out!

When group health finally prescribed me antibiotics for the infection, they told me they wanted me to have a follow up appointment over the phone with a doctor and set me up with a telephone appointment. The doctor never called... As it turns out, they scheduled me for an in office visit after they specifically told me it would be over the phone... I called the doctors office, the receptionist, who notified me of this error, put me through to the doctors care team. They never answered the phone, the office ended up closing, and the call line hung up on me...
So I called the 24 hour phone number and the receptionist who answered told me I could not speak to anyone because it was not an urgent matter...

EVERYTHING that Group Health has done, they have messed up some how. I've been with Kaiser all my life and have not once had a problem. But every interaction Ive had with Group Health has been messed up in one way or another by them (and I've only started using them this month). Some doctors and nurses I have talked to have been wonderful and helpful, but overall, their system sucks, and at this point I am just pissed off.

Ni