Greendot.com / terrible experience!

1 Wallgreens 7200 So StateMidvale, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-434-3578

Bought a greendot reload card haven't been able to get money phonecard and three different sayings across the register declined, wrong card type, message edit error. Beware all!

Va

Comments

Ro
  9th of Apr, 2008

The website is a front. you can't click onto anything on it. I also cannot get any cash or purchase anything because the company has not sent me a card. I tried to purchase online but was told the card number is not valid . I bought the card at Walgreens and I will be notifying them of the scam.

Mi
  30th of Jun, 2008

have in excess of 2000 dollars on deposit with green dot green dot froze my account pending areview with a supervisor because we had made more then three deposits in a week. Not unusual for us.

Sw
  12th of Jul, 2008

I have had greendot for over 2 yrs, Its not a scam . I love it. I pay my bills online with it and when I need to put more on I go to walgreen and get the moneypak reload card. Maybe you did something wrong or filled it out wrong. I have never had any trouble with it.every once and a while one of the reload cards will not scan for the cashier to put the money on so they have to get another one and try it but besides that I havint had any problems .you need to call the telephone for greendot and talk to someone there about it to get it taken care of.

Ly
  23rd of Jul, 2008

I can't talk to a real person. my information that i put into the web site doesn't match with what they have so I CANT USE THE CARD FOR ANYTHING, WHAT GOOD IS IT.

Pu
  26th of Jul, 2008

why tell you you have a balance and when you go to purchase something i do not care how big or small...you can not get it!!! and you have enough money to cover it!!! now that to me is fraud in the sector. OH and i have a greendot premier and it's so crazy the first time i use it someone used me!...and then one of their people told me i was entitle to 20.00 when i first got this card...for the upgrading of it...NOT!...never was applied to my card... what is this world coming to is your cash really safe on plastic from 10.00 to 1000.00 makes me wonder now...

Ma
  4th of Aug, 2008

this company is a scam. the company takes your money and then pretends they don't know what you are talking about when you are lucky enough to get a live person on the phone. the clerk at walgreens told me to keep my reciept because i might need to call the company. well, now i know why she tried to warn me.

Te
  24th of Aug, 2008

I have been using the greendot card for over a year now and have not had any problems.I really like it because I just reload the card on payday and don't carry cash on me.You can use it to pay bills online and use it in stores also.You use it like a credit card or debit.The only thing I don't care for is the reload price of 4.99 everytime I put money on it.

Ca
  25th of Aug, 2008

I bought a card and cannot activate please some one help me I need to pat my bill.

Jo
  27th of Aug, 2008

i been dealing with them for a few years and in most part not a single issue but of late it seem to be a bad company i had a damage card and had a deposit drop on it the same day i told them the card did not work .i know after i get this issue taken care of i am done with this so called company . do not put more on there then u can afford to lose

Vi
  29th of Aug, 2008

i purvhased a game from a company called oberon media but gave the wrong email adress. i never gat a chance to play the game. i expect a full refund

Jo
  3rd of Sep, 2008

I bought a card 4 months ago and I try to get my money back
and I can't.
Somebody can help me.

Ke
  12th of Sep, 2008

been using greendot premier card for 2 years now and getting direct deposit on it I have had no problems with it. I have shopped around for other cards that were setup like this and you will not find a better deal for a 4.95 monthly service fee. Other companies will charge you 9.95 at least for the same service. the people that have had a bad experience just need to get it straighten out and give it another chance nothings perfect.

Al
  23rd of Sep, 2008

why the hell i can get my money here you say inter the 16 nnumber code i due that then it saying i have the wrong numbers . please explain it more to me and which code due we use and just want transferr it too my acount master card that i have please call me at 320-760-0912 im sick of this bull ### get back two me right a way please thanks

Je
  14th of Oct, 2008

I know there is a problem with Greendot because there is no contact number or email address for any complaint or comment on their service. Their online website does not offer online refund. Should you have problem or if you think you are a victim of this scheme and you need your money back, please dont hesitate to file a complaint to consumer affair.

Jeff

Gl
  29th of Oct, 2008

i just called to see what my balance is and they say my zipcode is not t he one on fild but it is and they woodnot let me give my soc. num. i need to taalk to a person. my home no. is 2256125605 my zipcode is 70443 indenpence, louisana. thanks

Cu
  30th of Oct, 2008

i have the same problems with netzero they tell one you one bill amount and charge you another and i only just subcribe for two months and it, s happen to me

Am
  4th of Nov, 2008

I cant even activate the card it keeps saying session expired and my 5th try it said my card number was invalid

Am
  13th of Nov, 2008

yeah so i got a hold of someone there at greendot wherever and they say none of my info matches theirs they want copies of my social and drivers license.i dont think so! its a prepaid card and all the hassle is ridiculous. I requested a full refund which they said i would recieve and have yet to see. I certainly hope i get my hard earned money back.

Ro
  14th of Nov, 2008

I have a large complaint with the way this company handles its customers. I have tried repeatedly to access my account on line and get refused every time. I have called and all I could get is a recorded answering service. The recording is a loop that does not address this problem. I have an unknown debit on my card and can't get any information who or why it is there. I believe as do others, this company is a scam to take or rob it's customers. I am dropping this service immediately! Thank God I did not let them into my checking account information or agree to edt from my account with my bank. This company is an American Rip Off. The key to that statement is I can not get a real person to take accountability or transpearancy for the wrongful mistakes they make. :"ooo52 This company is a Hoax!"

Mi
  16th of Nov, 2008

I've never had a card that was so reliable, and to make payments over the phone, and via internet. Greendot is a very good company, and I've been with them for years. Others stating that it's a scan is a lie. Greendot works for me !!