Green Dot Visa Online Shopping Card / trouble registering card

United States, New York, NYC Review updated:
Green Dot
I bought a Green Dot-Visa online shopping card at a Rite Aid store. I tried to register it online but none of the numbers, either on the envelope, on the card, or on the store receipt, was the right registration number. On the website, non of the examples of cards looked like the Online Shopping Card I have- mine is orange. I didn't just pick it up on the street somewhere, I bought it from a reputable store! How can I rectify this? Can the card be exchanged by Visa (after all, they put their name on it!) for a gift card, like one I used before with no problem? Will the store take it back? It hasn't been used! I really need this money- I spent $200 and that is a lot for me. Please help!

N  17th of Feb, 2009 by
i hope this help you,
but all you have to do is "use" the orange vist card. because it is non-relaodable, you just use it. no need to register it. i just brought one myself yesterday and that's what i did.
N  26th of Mar, 2009 by
i bought the same on and GOT ###ED just like you!
i'm going to file a police report against rite aid.
when i go to register the card to shop online..the captcha wont show up to register the card...so this is a ###ing scam...i tried contacting the ompany and theres no help there..

greendot is a ###ing fraud !!!
### these corporate giants!!!
N  4th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I bought the Orange Online ShoppingVisa card, for some reason it was declined because of the address - even though it was correct ! So I tried to call the number on the site - no option for live service - no one to call, no one to email - and now no money on the card. For this aggravation I paid $4.95 !
D  20th of Jun, 2010 by
Hey I thought I'd try and help someone if possible... I just bought on of the Online Green dot visa cards also... I tried to register it but there was no right activation no on the card or receipt or package...
You have to go to www.mygreendot.com
and not to the regualar www.greendot.com
On mygreendot.com there you will see where to input the temporary card no that is on the card and to input all your information to complete the registration.
I went to an online site and the card verified after that NO PROBLEM.

Hope this helps!! I was stumped for awhile also...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
A  23rd of Jun, 2011 by
Put down $200 on this *^#!* card and can't get it to work. Just want to get credit into Paypal. Bought one of these a few years ago. Said they would not disclose your info. Not long after a long letter in the mail said if I wanted my info to remain private I would have to do this and that. Said I'd never get another. Got this one by mistake trying to get paypak. Banks are PIGS-PIGS-PIGS. Especially the NY banks.

Green Dot Corporation Logo Green Dot Corporation