Great Fun / credit card fraud

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I just went through my debit card statement and found charges by Great Fun for $11.00 which I did not authorize. I believe they are somehow affiliated with Traveler's Advantage because I found charges for Traveler's Advantage for $11.00 as well. I had authorized Traveler's Advantage to bill me $7.99 per month for airlines and hotel discounts but obviously they are a fraud as well. I'm calling them first thing in the morning to demand a refund as well as cancel my stupid subscription with Traveler's Advantage.

Someone asked how can we stop Great Fun from fraudulent charges and if everyone who's had fraudulent charges stick together and file complaints with the Better Business Bureau we can definitely keep this from happening to other people. I never authorized Great Fun from debiting any amount of money from my debit card. This is absolutely insane!! It is theft!

Let's contact the Better Business Bureau and stop this crap already!

Comments

• Jp
      29th of Oct, 2008

i dont know who they are or what they do, and i was just informed that my 'membership dues' will be increased to 13.99 monthly. i cannot contact them. Can BBB do something

30th of Oct, 2008

On Oct 19, 2007, I made a purchase from hotwire. Unlike some of the other complaints about this company, I did know that they charged my credit card for membership. If you called within one month to cancel, you would not be charged. I called them, explained that a popup came up and in order to continue I had to push some button. Once I pushed the button it told me I had purchased Great Fun! Well I could not go anywhere to complete my purchase on hotwire without pushing the button, so I did as I was ready to check out. I saved the receipt and called to cancel.

Today Oct 30th, I received a postcard stating that they were increasing my fees. I was shocked. So I call, finally they give me a supervisor since I mentioned all the fraudulent activity of their's reported on the internet. He wanted my cancellation number...yeah like I kept that after a year. So, he gave me 4 months back and cancelled my account...want to bet he didn't?

In order to get your money back you have to write a letter...yeah and then what? I think I will call my credit card company.

I think we need to stop this kind of fraud. If someone didn't do their job, they should realize this could happen. I never used their services and I am sure they can see that I didn't. Of course remember it is always the buyer's fault.

Great Fun has been sending me stuff in the mail and I toss it because I think it is advertising. Little did I know they were probably charging me to the hilt!

Watch out everyone. If you buy from hotwire, make sure you don't have an additional charge on your credit card from them and you won't recognize it, but there will be an 800 number to call. Make sure you call and cancel and make sure you hold on tight to that number!! Or they will charge you for nothing.

22nd of Feb, 2009

My wife, a Green Card Holding Brazilian National, aspiring to be a US Citizen, is being assessed a $59.99 semi-annual membership fee by this company for services she never requested. She only became aware of this scurrilous scam when she innocently requested I explain to her the contents of an innocuous appearing index sized card sent by mail informing her that her semi-annual membership would be automatically renewed unless she informed the company otherwise.

I am still trying to discover which of her credit cards, on some of which she is only an "authorized user", she (or I) am being assessed this charge.

I would like to know which of "Great Fun" partnering companies sold my wife's name to this company, or how she became subscribed in the first place, and what can be none in the nature of complaint and recompense. The only two candidates are AMC Theatres or Loews Theatres, two Great Fun partnering companies from which she has made purchases.

She left corruption riddled South American only to discover legally endowed pernicious parasites such as Great Fun up here in the "Land of Opportunity".

How can we stop this?