Grant Academy / Unauthorized Purchase

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 770-362-8904

I was charged from Grant Academy, and I have no idea what they do. I am currently deployed to Iraq, and do not go strolling the Internet for websites to purchase much of anything.

Comments

• Ry
      29th of Jul, 2008

There is no way for our company to get your credit card information unless an order is placed using your information. If fraud is perpetrated against you then it is also perpetrated against our company. And we will assist you and law enforcement officials in catching the perpetrator of the fraud.

For customer service you may call 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.
    The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Ryan R.

29th of Jul, 2008

I have a charge from Grant Academy. I never went to any website from grant academy or ordered anything having anything to do with grants. I also recieved 2 fraudulent charges from APL*ITunes and 2 fraudulent charges from SKYPE.com and WWW.SKYPE.COM. I don't even own an IPod, and I have no use for the services/product offered by Skype.com. I never ordered anything related to any of these charges.
    My bank refunded my money for the charges by APL*ITunes and the SKYPE charges without my having to dispute them, but the Grant Academy charge is still there.

The only things I have used my card for in the past 2 months is buying something from Petco, returning something to Petco, and using paypal.
    I have never EVER used my card on shady websites, or given out my information to anybody or any website that is not well known and reputable. My bank told me that I must have given it out to some site like "Find your classmates" or something. I'm not that stupid, and I resent the implication that I am.

I hope my story lets people know that these charges are not coming from stupidity. I am very careful who I order things from and I'm very careful with reading things when I give out my card info.

• Sc
      2nd of Aug, 2008

I also had 3 unauthorized charges to my Visa account this morning. 2 for Grant Academy and 1 for Blockbuster.com. I have never heard of or ordered anything from Grant Academy and because I never order from Blockbuster, all 3 of these charges are unauthorized and my Visa # was used without authorization. My Visa provider was contacted and these charges will not be paid. I cancelled my # and a new one will be issued at a $5.00 charge to ME.
    I am filing complaints with the FTC and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) which connects to the FBI.
    I want to know where and how these crooks got my banking information. The Federal Trade Commission and FBI will hopefully provide me that information upon completion of their investigation.

• De
      4th of Aug, 2008

I had also had 2 charges on my MC from Grant Academy, one for $1 and another for $1.29. I had recently downloaded 3 songs from ITunes which was valid but then I had another charge for .99 from emusic.com which was confusing because that is what one song from ITunes.costs. I have disputed these charges with my credit card company and they are investigating these charges further.

5th of Aug, 2008

Same thing here. Three charges from Grant Academy for $39.95, $1 and $1.29. A charge from Blockbuster for $10. Netflix for $5.29. Emusic.com for .99. I never use my card online except to pay bills and occasionally buy concert tickets at ticketmaster.com. I called the bank and have a new card on the way but this is pretty disturbing that it's happening to a bunch of people apparently. I called the customer service number for Grant Academy and they said that I ordered some google cd to make money from home. THey assured me that no other charges would be taking place and if I knew someone with the same last name as I but a first name that I never heard of before. WTF?

I'm following scamvictims lead and filing a complaint.