Grand Miramar Club & Spa / scammed

My wife and I were scammed by Jerry Forney who sold us a 4 week membership at Grand Miramar on August 12, 2010.
Our contract stipulates that not only would Grand Miramar buy out our Cabo timeshare for $24810 but that if we do not return for the next 10 years, we would be guaranteed rent per year totaling $5600. None of that has happened. We have rescinded the contract in writing and have demanded Grand Miramar buy out the timeshare or refund the $28000 we paid.
Bank of America may have some liability, since Grand Miramar produced brand new Visa card accounts that we used to purchase the fraudulent memberships. Bank of America knew or should have known that Grand Miramar was fraudulently inducing new cardholders to buy. We are refusing to pay Bank of America as they claim that Grand Miramar has done nothing wrong and B of A refused to charge back Grand Miramar's vendor transactions. Disgusting. We were stupid.

Wi

Comments

• Jh
      Jul 06, 2011

OMG they are the worst scammers !! Please visit my site! http://miramarscam.blogspot.com/

•   Feb 07, 2018

@j.han Joe Potter scammed us at Vallarta Gardens in June 2012. And since then his tactics were perfected at the Grand Miramar by Richard Bounds. Grrr!

• Jm
      Nov 10, 2011

We went to their presentation Sept.19, 2011 and they basically promised us the same thing however, we didn't give them any money. When we got home they insisted we sent them the full payment of the membership. We told them they should use the proceeds from the purchase they made of our timeshare because it was an equal trade. We are at a stalemate and I won't give in unless they fund the proceeds of my timeshare to an escrow company first. They expect me to trust them. They said, " they can't give us the membership because we may not pay them after they pay us". If we pay them, they may never buy our timeshare. If they give us the membership weeks and we don't pay them (as they fear), they can cancel the membership. We have a much greater risk of losing then them. We risk not receiving payment of our timeshare. Their risk is minimal. They can cancel mambership, plus they would have our timeshare that they claimed they wanted so badly in the first place. They were the ones who insisted on making the deal. I think this company is dishonest. I don't understand why they won't use an escrow company to close this deal. They insist on my payment first. It Will Never Happen!

• Ka
      Feb 28, 2012

These guys are crooks. Do not pay them!!! you will never have your timeshare sold and the membership is a membership in nothing! You're lucky that they don't have any of your money. Another tactic they will use is telling you that you need to pay closing costs. Don't believe it. Jerry Forney, Johnny Montalbo, John Brooks, John Monte are all thieves. World Luxury Destinations only exists on a webpage.