Good Housekeeping Magazine / Scam billings

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

My 98 year old mother cannot see to read and so has not renewed her Good Housekeeping subscription. She is receiving threatening letters and invoices from Hearst Corporation Invoicing Bureau claiming that she ordered, requested to be billed later, and has not paid--and this is for a renewal whose date has not even come yet! She did not order a renewal, did not request delayed billing, and does not want a renewal. She also does not want any more threatening letters to upset her. We don't have a way of attaching proof photos requested below, but you can bet we have the photo-copies.

Po

Comments

• Ms
      1st of Sep, 2009

I've had problems with Hearst pubishing too. I subscribed to Oprah magazine for 1 year beginning August 2008. Before the 1 year subscription ran out, Hearst sent me renewal reminders. They had the nerve to send me something that said if I didn't tell them otherwise, they were assuming I intended to renew my subscription for another year. The Oprah magazines stopped coming after July, 2009, so I considered the matter dropped. At $2o per year, I just didn't find anything that interesting in the magazine, so I let the subscription die a natural death. I had prepaid it for 1 year, and never agreed verbally or in writing that I wished to renew the subscription for another year so I don't owe Heart Publishing anything. Still, they keep harassing me with "notices" that say I "agreed" to renew my subscription, and asking me for money. If I'd wanted to renew my subscription, I would have mailed a check for payment. Why is Hearst trying to strongarm me into buying a magazine I no longer want?????

• Co
      14th of Sep, 2015

Keep getting a "PAYMENT PAST DUE" for a subscription for my friend who is DECEASED ...DIED DEAD!!!
    Apparently there is NO ONE to read the comments I keep returning with the "DUN"
    "The failure if your gift of Good Housekeeping to arrive won't go unnoticed by BETTY BATDORF."
    WHAT?????? SHE DIED in April ... was CREMATED!!!
    Who is reading these messages?
    Don't blame it on 'a computer.' A living person has to 'make it go.'
    # 0257193425.
    Suppose anyone will actually read this??? Yah, Yah!!

• Lo
      11th of Mar, 2016

I didn't order this magazine. It came from PCH . Which is a scam company also. Now the renew and charge for the magazine with interest. I have tried to discontinue the magazine & can not get reach them.
    Louise M. Lyon

• Br
      21st of Nov, 2016

I clicked on a sweepstakes on HGTV/Good Housekeeping site which automatically subscribed me. I wrote to them immediately and told them I DID NOT subscribe. I have an email back from HGTV saying it was cancelled. Then I received an issue of Good Housekeeping and now GH has deducted $19.95 from my credit card without my authority. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB!

• Ms
      15th of Sep, 2018

@broadsteel Your state's Attorney General should be included on your mailing list as well.