Golden Arrow / terrible experience

Got a letter in the mail stating that, spending time on the Internet or answering surveys pays off, and that I'm the lucky winner of prize money in the amount of $58, 680 USD. To cover the clearing fees a check in the amount of $2, 740.00 USD, which is deducted from my winnings. And that i needed to contact my claims agent Nancy Smith at [protected] to register my claim by the dead line; I even got my own reference number which must be kept confidential.

We were where so excited $55, 940, WOW, that's a lot money. Since my husband just lost his job, and my job only covers the rent and some of the bills. We DO watch the news, but the check looked was so real, not like the other scams that i heard about. But as my Daddy always says 'noting is free' and if sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

So i decided to do some investigating on my own, since the check was from Wachovia bank, i called them and they told me that the account is real. The check was so real, that when I went to the bank the teller told me that it's real and do I want to deposit it or cash it. I decided to wait.

Wow cool a real check, so i thought... but i don't remember answering any surveys lately, so I went home goggled the company name on the check, and sure enough it's a real company, and the address matches, but It's a construction equipment rental company, so I emailed them. Asking why they are sending me money, they replied that it is a fraudulent check and that the scam is being investigated.

What the @..., I got this excited for nothing, I was so pissed, goggled the reverse address on the envelop, it's a web design company in Canada, emailed them, they know nothing about it.

Va

Comments

• Ab
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Golden Arrow Bus Services - 1 of these golden Arrow bus drivers nearly drove me off the road in Town then this guy gets more angry at me.
    Woodstock, Western Cape
    South Africa

CA 534- 213 is the registration number of the bus. It was a black male. In his early 50's.
    I would like feedback to what disciplinary action was taken towards this individual. I'm sure he does it often.

• Ll
      3rd of Sep, 2018
    Golden Arrow Bus Services [GABS] - I am complaining about poor service
    Cape Town
    South Africa

I took the bus from Montague Gardens to Epping and was charged from Montague Gardens to Lost City, I said when i got in the bus Fire Station Epping, when I asked for my money back the driver was extremely rude and disrespectful.
    This was not the first time I was over charged.
    bus # 2614