[Resolved] GoldCar Rental — unauthorized credit card charges
I rented a car in GOLDCAR company in Barcelona airport, my contract number [protected] from 15/09/2017 to 21/09/2017.
26/09/2017 I received email from GOLDCAR with inform details of a charge on my contract (attached):
Concept: Check-In Rear parcel shelf
Amount: 300 EUR.
Also, was attached picture, which clearly shows the bumper, car number and tail lights, but not rear parcel shelf. (attached).
On September 23 and 24 GOLDCAR withdrew an amount of 300 euros from my card.
In connection with the above:
1. I ask to provide document confirming that the rear parcel shelf was at the time of transfer of the rented car to the customer (to me).
2. Also, I ask you to provide me with proof of my confirmation that I have received my rented car with all the accessories.
3. I paid full insurance, Super-relax GOLDCAR, so on what grounds did you withdraw money from my card?
I propose to solve the problem in the following way: a full refund of the monetary funds withheld by GOLDCAR.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Oct 04, 2017
Please find attached the image where you will see what the rear parcel shelf is (example).
This was missing when you delivered the car.
Please note that in order to pick up a car it is compulsory to block a deposit on a valid credit card or book one of the coverages that we offer. Our staff will always inspect the cars after each use and will mark the damages on the checkout sheet. However, we always ask customers to double check this since the cars can receive damage during their stay in the parking lot. This way both parties are aware of the damage that the car has on it before departing.
On return, if our agents find damages that were not marked, they proceed to investigate and if it's considered that it occurred during this rental period, the customer will be charged for it.
More GoldCar Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - car rental
- Goldcar - unethical behaviour 
- [Resolved] Gold Car - assistant at check in desk-further comment
- Goldcar - car hire
- GoldCar Rental - charges for damage that were not my damages and I have the proof!