[Resolved] GoldCar Rentalunauthorized credit card charges

I rented a car in GOLDCAR company in Barcelona airport, my contract number [protected] from 15/09/2017 to 21/09/2017.

26/09/2017 I received email from GOLDCAR with inform details of a charge on my contract (attached):
Concept: Check-In Rear parcel shelf
Amount: 300 EUR.
Also, was attached picture, which clearly shows the bumper, car number and tail lights, but not rear parcel shelf. (attached).

On September 23 and 24 GOLDCAR withdrew an amount of 300 euros from my card.

In connection with the above:

1. I ask to provide document confirming that the rear parcel shelf was at the time of transfer of the rented car to the customer (to me).
2. Also, I ask you to provide me with proof of my confirmation that I have received my rented car with all the accessories.
3. I paid full insurance, Super-relax GOLDCAR, so on what grounds did you withdraw money from my card?

I propose to solve the problem in the following way: a full refund of the monetary funds withheld by GOLDCAR.

GoldCar Rental
GoldCar Rental

• Resolution statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Oct 04, 2017

Dear customer,

Please find attached the image where you will see what the rear parcel shelf is (example).
    This was missing when you delivered the car.

Please note that in order to pick up a car it is compulsory to block a deposit on a valid credit card or book one of the coverages that we offer. Our staff will always inspect the cars after each use and will mark the damages on the checkout sheet. However, we always ask customers to double check this since the cars can receive damage during their stay in the parking lot. This way both parties are aware of the damage that the car has on it before departing.

On return, if our agents find damages that were not marked, they proceed to investigate and if it's considered that it occurred during this rental period, the customer will be charged for it.

Kindest regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative.

unauthorized credit card charges
Ev
Sep 27, 2017

Comments

• Ju
      Nov 14, 2018

Ref :   [protected]

I refer to your email dated 13 November 2018 and wish to complain about the appalling Customer Service provided by your company. I  particular request that you respond to my email with a more detailed explanation of the charges for fuel and the excessive cleaning charge applied as there were only wood shavings in the foot wells of the car and these would have hoovered up in a normal way and not require a specialist valet.  I, m also placing on record that I filled the car up with fuel at the filling station on the airport site immediately prior to returning it (a day early) to your depot. A member of your staff inspected the car, assured me that everything was OK and accepted that the fuel was full when he checked this in front of me.  I suspect that this is just an underhanded tactic to retain the amount 'charged' as a pre payment for a full tank of fuel.  If your staff really had a good  customer service ethic, then I should have been informed when they inspected the car (in my presence) that these things were an issue and I would have resolved them then. Instead of  confirming to me that everything was  acceptable then retrospectively contacting me when I have returned to England  and making it a hassel to argue my case.  Again if this had been brought to my attention I would have rectified the issues myself instead of having these extortionate charges imposed - so why wasn't it ?

I also object to you sending this email with a 'no reply' option, further causing confusuon and ensuring it is NOT an easy process to respond to you.  In addition I booked the car through Rhodium but have to deal with Gold Car and I get emails from both companies which causes even more confusion ! - it's like a smoke screen.

I will be proceeding to your Regulatory Body and so I formally request a response within 14 days.

Julie Boydell