GoldCar Rental

Posted: Nov 28, 2017 by

not refunding the fuel avoid avoid avoid

Alicante, Spain
goldcar.es
Avoid Gold Car.

They check in desk won't take no for an answer when you say you don't want the insurance. I take an annual policy out each year in the UK (see money saving expert for details of companies) and it is less than half of a weeks cover when buying with car hire. Around £75 for the year for worldwide cover.

She spent half an hour arguing with me saying I needed there cover or I would be charged the full price of the car if anything happened to the vehicle!

An old couple who were stood next to me in check in and had paid for a single trip cover for 2 weeks for £50 through admiral were told the same but from a more aggressive customer service person who said that their cover from the UK was not valid and through the piece of paper in the bin. The lady got very upset an they ended up paying €174 for the weeks insurance. I tried to reassure them that it was valid but the lady was soo upset that the husband just paid! These are not customer service representatives they are criminals.

The insurance is valid I can assure you as I have had to claim twice and received the full money back within days.

On top of this awful experience I returned my car. It was checked and I got told I would get my fuel refund as I have returned it full. I have not and still have not.

I have called Spain twice now and been cut off each time I ended up getting through.

They make it awkward for you online by not providing a contact form or customer service email to email direct. Instead you have to put in your contract number and email address which then comes up with a message to say they are not associated so you can't complete your request for fuel refund. It is exactly what was emailed so they must be linked????!!!

On top of the above the queues and the queuing system is confusing for everyone and not only old or non techy people. There is a tiny ipad in a corner where you are meant to enter your booking reference number and take a ticket.

But do not go to to the counter if you are alone and have baggage. You get told to push your trolley away from the counter! I didn't get served unless I pushed it 2 meters behind me. Thieves will have a heyday!

Avoid this company like the plague. There are much better companies to hire from in Alicante Airport.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 29, 2017
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very important for us to keep improving and providing our costumers the best service possible.

As for the question about the deposit, our clients have two options of coverage among which to choose a method of coverage (it is mandatory to choose one coverage option). You can select our Super Relax coverage which covers the possible damages of the vehicle and has assistance in highway 24 hours, without franchise and without blocking any deposit of the card (http://www.goldcarhelp.com/en/faqs/recogida-del-vehiculo/58-what-is-the-cover-super-relax).

In the case of not wanting to take our coverage, the client has to leave a deposit that starts from € 1100, and when the car is returned, if it has any damages our agent proceed to deduct the amount of the deposit and unlock the rest. In case of returning the car in the same condition as we have delivered it, we proceed to release the total amount of the deposit. To know the exact amount of the deposit, please visit our terms and conditions (https://www.goldcar.es/en/tc Section 13.).

Some of our clients sometimes hire our services through an agency and these agencies offer their insurance that is foreign to Goldcar. In this case, they must leave the deposit and not to choose our Super Relax coverage. In the unfortunate situation that the car is damaged during the rent, the amount of the deposit is deducted and it is the client who has to claim the reimbursement of that amount to his insurer or agency.

Please take into consideration that if you need further assistance you can contact with us directly through our Customer Service system for a more personalised assistance on the following link by sending us a query on the bottom right of our website: https://www.goldcar.es/en/atencionCliente/

Kind regards,
Victoria R,
Goldcar Representative.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Car Rental

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree