Godaddy.com

Posted:

fraud and cheating company!

4.6
14455 N. Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, Arizona
Phone: 480-505-8828
www.GoDaddy.com
Please, do yourself a favor if looking for a cheap web host! Avoid godaddy at all costs!!!
Http://www.Godaddy.com < do not use godaddy.com for any web hosting, domain name registration or internet related business! This company is a bunch of scamming liars and crooks that will sell your valuable domains with faulty billing practices, lies, deceit, fraud and outright theft!

We own several websites, over 700. In the past 2 years, godaddy.com has lost over 20 of our domain names through no fault of ours! They will tell you the billing didn't go through, not send warning emails and sell only your most valuable domains!

In our case, it was adulttoy.Org and naughtylingerie.Net, two of our most valuable domains, sold at a huge financial loss to us, while they profit!!! This is while our automatic billing was fine for several other domains!!! This company is nothing but a bunch of lying, scamming, thieving crooks out to steal your domains (If you hold several) and sell them without warning!!! We implore you to use any other register or host but godaddy!

Godaddy has done this to us 4 times now!!! We were duped into staying with them as they supposedly gave us better customer service reps each time who assured us that it 'would never happen again'. The first time, they sold 4 lesser value domains on us in 2005. Then in 2006, they did it again, with 2 lesser value domains.

They did it again in 2007, losing 14 of our domains, (All were on automatic residual billing on the same credit card that had thousands in the account and was only used for godaddy!!!) this time, they sold the best domain at a profit, adulttoy.Org and gave us the other lesser valued domains back, as if they did us a favor. Mind, we contacted our godaddy 'executive support' (Some lying mope named dean)representative several times with these emails saying our domains were expiring, first, dean told us no domains were expiring, after they were lost, he told his supervisors this never happened. Total liar! We were fighting with them for 5 months over the loss of this domain and were told to pick another domain off of godaddy.com's aution site, http://www.Tdnam.com.

After we spent months removing the domain they lost from our other site links, after we spent days going over the www.Tdnam.com domains for sale, when we find a comparable name, they then tell us it needs to be from the expired auctions, which are all garbage domains. This supervisor, a real winner named rod browning, told us to go back to the original rep that lost our domains to begin with. Unreal disgusting idiots! At this time, we find out they did it to us again, losing 4 domains, including naughtylingerie.Net, which was sold without any prior warning or email!!!

Then, this sap of a rep tells us to pay godaddy.com a redemption fee to get the other domains back, but the best one was already sold, 3 days after we received the only email saying these domains were in jeopardy! This idiotic customer service rep that works in bob parsons office (Godaddy president), his name is john godbehere, it is a very unique name, there are a few listings for him in scotsdale, arizona and we suggest you track him down if you are having problems with godaddy. No doubt he is at one of these addresses or numbers and would be incredibly easy to find.

Godbehere, c

623-974-3086

Godbehere, walt
Glendale, az 85310
623-492-9776

The best part is after all the ways godaddy screwed us over, they then call the police because we threatened to fly to scotsdale, arizona to discuss the matter in person. The police called our partner at 1:00am, waking him and his family from bed in the middle of the night. Godaddy is a scam, ripoff, lying, deceitful, dirty foul company that you would be wise to avoid at all costs. There are several other, much better webhosts available, dont give these nasty crooks one penny or control of your domains unless you want to go through something like this.

This company is run by a bunch of no good crooks, from bob parsons down to the lowlifes that have added features to our accounts, expensive features we did not need or ask for, almost every time we called for assistance. As unreal as it sounds, this company has done it all and more to us. They put our domains into several expensive blue razor (Http://blurazor.com) accounts without our permission, costing us an extra 3k a year. They sold our best domains that were worth thousands of dollars, not even including all the money, time, work that has been put out to fix the first problems they caused. This is thousands of dollars more! They signed us up for expensive email accounts we didn't ask for and never used since we didn't even know we had them until recently, and they also signed us up for some idiotic thing called 'investor's edge', which apparently is for site investors, however this is something we never asked for either, we never received signup emails for this stuff, nothing. It was as if they thought they have full run of your credit card and can do whatever they wanted with it, including selling your domains from under you and using the 'it was a billing problem' excuse with everyone and it is all bs! There is also a class action lawsuit that is apparently starting for this as well, you can contact http://www.Internetlitigators.com for more info. As it is, we will be pursuing both our own suit as well as joining any class action suit that is started as well. And if you want more information, if you need any assistance with your own cases, we will be more than happy to provide any help we can.

We will be posting this multiple times on several boards, so if you see it multiple times, we are only doing it as a warning for others to stay far away from this disgusting webhost or things will get really ugly like they are about to get with us. And this john godbehere, he is nothing but the true meaning of a jerkoff, a liar and a punk ###.

So you know, if you have a problem as well, they all work on the same team and do not expect relief trying to go through their own reps. They are all lying dirtbags and this company should be investigated by the fbi! And if the fbi (Federal bureau of investigation) should read this, godaddy is nothing but front for a theft ring and multiple billing scams, they need to be investigated and closed down! Reported to all agencies including the better business bureau! There is a reason you never hear about godaddy anymore. It's because they suck, and are the true meaning of ripoff! Just look at the other complaints here about them. We are not endosing anyone else, we just want you to know the truth of what they did to us, after we gave them tens of thousands of dollars in business over the past few years.

They will be hearing from our attorneys now, we might just take that plane out there to discuss this in person, that is how mad this has gotten us! Avoid these headache inducing dirtbags at godaddy at all costs please! Just do yourself a favor and look somewhere else! Anywhere else but godaddy!!!

Do not do any business with godaddy under any circumstances!
Complaint comments Comments (106) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hosting & Web Design

Comments

N  13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Godaddy.com - Bounces emails back, unwilling to help!

GoDaddy.com

Unwilling to help resolve issues that are most certainly due because of there servers!!! Simply needed to know why there servers are bounces emails back!! Would not help at all!! All they need to do was search there spam log for my email address and tell me why it was rejected! Really unbelievable! Our company was thinking of moving our email over, not now!
A  25th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too have had unfavorable dealings with this Rod Browning guy. He is a liar and racist (used N-word in conversation). Also, been ripped off and lied to by many reps there in Executive Accounts. Watch out for Brad Larson and Jay Farrell. The fish rots from the head down.
A  2nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Godaddy has really turned into a shady company over the last few years. Very curious how the domains I DIDN'T want all got auto renewed at full retail price. Yet, somehow my valuable business domains (the ones with web traffic) "slipped under the radar" and got cancelled and sold at auction within 3 weeks. Rod Browning mumbled something about "not his responsibility" and "I can take my business elsewhere". Rod Browning is a clown. GoDaddy lost my business. And yeah, Brad Larson used to be my "rep" over there until I found out he was overcharging me up the ###. Mark Monitor now controls all of my domains.
A  4th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Thanks for the warning! I was planning on transferring my site from Doteasy to Godaddy. Probably saved me a lot of headaches there. Any company that has questionable practices doesn't deserve my business.
A  11th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
They sold my domain names just recently. I just lost norcalevents.com for no reason
N  16th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Bill Yes, all compalin about GoDaddy is all true.
So better NOT TRUST to GoDaddy anymore.
They are just getting money from us and sell our Domains to other people to get money again from the other.
A  17th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
If you want things to get better you should call and tell them you liked the way things were when Scott was in charge of the executive accounts department before they started demanding 1 mil per month in gross revenue and cut the commission thus making reps lie to continue to earn what they have previously earned.
A  18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Is this the same Brad Larsen that works in WildWest Domains? He's a certified lying douche. GoDaddy must have owed the clown Rod Browning a favor, cause that guy is clueless. Somebody mentioned Markmonitor- they are right-move your important domains to them.
A  24th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Godaddy are 100% crooks
they themselves do steal your good names and try to make u lose them or pay high fees to buy them back from the new owner WHO IS GUESS WHO. them!!

they are 100% crooks I also have 100 names with them and will move ALL my names to another company now

we just had this exact same experience and lost 4 names we have had for 7 years

THEY ARE USELESS WE EMAILS HIM AT PRESIDENT@GODADDY.COM BUT OF COURSE HE NEVER RESPONDS
A  26th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
The bigger they get the worse they become. There were some really good reps there in the past. As a long time customer, I have dealt with many of the boobs listed above (Browning, Larson, Farrell, Rigney) and it so obvious these guys could care less about my domains or my business. I'm not a "domainer", per se. I do have over 100 domains but these guys won't give me the time of day. They say I need over 1000 domains to be part of the "special" group. ### these guys. GoDaddy does have some good stuff, but recently their incompetence and sketchy tactics just make me sick. I DON'T want to buy your crappy software. Just don't freaking steal my domains!!! My tech support rep over there told me they fired some of their reps for blowing the whistle on managment. Remember to renew your domains BEFORE they steal them!!!
D  6th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am a former employee and member of GoDaddy.com 's Executive Accounts Dept. This post was recently brought to my attention by a colleague. Rest assured, Godaddy is not out to steal your domains. They do just fine making a profit running their business the same way they have for years. If your domains are so important to you, why did you let them expire? Certainly, this is not GoDaddy's or Bob Parsons fault. The Executive Accounts (formerly Retention) department is, for the most part, staffed with genuinely concerned, proactive people. They handle large quantities of domains for many customers on a daily basis. Do they make mistakes? Sure. In my time there, we always owned up to it and did what we could to fix the few problems fairly. Renew your domains manually, check your account frequently, call your account rep often if you have questions. I've spoke with Mr Parsons on many occasions, and he always seemed honest about his intentions; to deliver good stuff at a good price. I think he does that and I learned a ton of good stuff, too.
A  23rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have had a number of conversations with the presidents office at GD also...what a joke. They seem completely incapable of seeing "customer" needs and problems let alone fixing them. They are arrogant. They continue to say how important "customers" are --- I think they are tying to convenience themselves. I spoke with the manager of the presidents office (Karen)...wow! I finally demanded my money be refunded but now am dealing with them not releasing my domain name. STAY AWAY FROM GD!!!
N  23rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Here are the email addresses of 3 GD executives. Bob Parsons number is 480-505-8815
N  23rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
sorry..forgot the email addresses: bparsons@godaddy.com; wadelman@godaddy.com; brechterman@godaddy.com
A  6th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
WOW what a shocker Adam Dicker in a state of controversy. It is really sad that GoDaddy has allowed this ### to be VP of their company considering he is a DirecTV & EchoStar hacking site owner who use to silently operate DSSFileXchange.com and SatansPlayhouse.com and made millions of dollars, I even made $$$ selling my site to him. He is a arrogant and GoDaddy.com should be ashamed of themselves for overlooking or just being ignorant.

Go over to Dickers website DNForum.com most of the Admins over there are former Satellite site owners. Same M.O just a different title under their names.

Unfortunately, Rod Browning still didn't answer my question regarding why this name, if a backorder truly already exists and it is scheduled to drop in two days, is not on TDNAM yet if that is where you say it goes. Or whether or not other services will get the domain that is already in GD's control.

While I believe it is a crappy way for GD to do business regarding the inability to check a backorder before one orders, the refund part is not my major concern today. My two questions are still why it isn't on TDNAM yet, and if someone places a backorder on a GD name, does it go to the other services or just TDNAM?
N  24th of Oct, 2008 by    -3 Votes
I stumbled across this complaint and couldn't believe some of the things I'm hearing. I see all of you getting on a complaint board not only to complain about GoDaddy, but to rip apart their employees. Apparently none of you have worked for a large company before. You call their employees "###" for following company policies, you give out employee's family addresses, and complain when they contact the police? I think the real "###" are the people that go on here and cry about their domains adulttoy.org and naughtylingerie.net, real classy, saying GoDaddy scammed them out of their domains. I am a GoDaddy customer after putting up with constant ### from Network Solutions and Register.com, and I couldn't like the company more. You receive an email 30 days in advance, 2 weeks in advance, 1 week in advance, and day before your domain expires, as well as having the option to put it on auto-renew. If you're an idiot and you don't update your credit card information, they notify you. If it attempts to renew and doesn't go through, they CALL YOU to tell you, as well as give you a 30 day grace period before you are charged $80 for the domain. I own hundreds of domains and have never lost 1 through GoDaddy.

I think the person that started this complaint is an absolute piece of ### for coming on here to post employees personal information and rip them apart. You're pathetic, you're a coward, and I'm glad GoDaddy "stole your domains". It's because of people like you that there's so many maniacs in this world. Go call the WAHmbulance you baby.
A  20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I own a couple domain names, we are unknown yet talented musicians and not valuable but we have to keep websites "just in case". Godaddy hijacked one domain name I own with only one email sent to an unused address as noticification. Email is unreliable and was not my preference for contact. I contacted them and they were unapologetic and wanted a large fee which I could not would not pay. The domain name now belongs to??? A shadowy entity owns it which is probably godaddy just using different names. They have tried to sell it for up to $5000 and now have a pay service which you can use to bid on domain names that the shadowy entity is selling. Just like paying a thief a finders fee to get your stolen items back.
To Jason: you must be about 15 years old. You write as though you are or you have an IQ in double digits (hint: under 100). Whatever the case you are a mental midget in the language department and a symptom of the illness society suffers called "ignorance". All too common and running rampant. You must be related to someone at godaddy who is also a mouth-breather.
Anyway, GoDaddy is a thief and is to be avoided. Jason is evidence enough of that.
N  2nd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Godaddy.com - Unauthorized charges
godaddy.com

Do not sign up and give your credit card number to Godaddy.com. They will go into your card and take money as they want with no notice, and no advanced warning, then they hide behind legal jargon in a form to long to see the fine print.

THEY ARE A RIP OFF!
A  15th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I have had recent problems with GoDaddy fraud. They billed me "automatically" for a service on websites I never originally had "Business registration". When I first registered the websites (March 2008), I was "asked" if I wanted "business registration" to which I did not take, so I was not charged for (nor did I receive) business registration. However, a year later I notice charges for "business registration renewal" (on websites which were not automatically renewed and therefore expired). Since the only way I knew these charges existed (because nothing I had was set to automatic). I was not expecting anything to renew, especially not a service I never originally had or ordered. Here is what the response I received. I will be reversing these charges, so they will not gain from their fraudulent charges. Beware of godaddy.

-------------------
Thank you for contacting Online Support. I apologize for any confusion. When this service is automatically renewed we allow a five day refund period if the service is canceled within 5 days of the renewal. Unfortunately this service was not canceled within this period. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Best Regards,
Cliff P.
Online Support
A  22nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE DO 'ANY' BUSINESS WITH GODADDY.COM

First, don't be fooled (like I was) that the quick telephone response time is from a 'tech'... it is NOT!

The person who answers the phone is only a 'glorified secretary' who CANNOT HELP YOU WITH TECH SUPPORT DIRECTLY.

I foolishly believed when I chose godaddy that i would be able to get fast answers to tech support... i was WRONG.

They tell you it will take 24 - 72 hours to get ANYTHING done!

So here is my very very sad story which has cost me THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN LOSSES...

i had my website with them for 2 years.

I had a hacker attack me 2 weeks ago who used my server to attack other servers... It took my website (with 100s or realtors who were my members) ... down...

Godaddy tech support team reported back to me april 8, 2009 that they could not restore my server...

Well, i had backups to my data and bought a new server at theplanet.com. Theplanet.com is the ABSOLUTE BEST BEST BEST WEBSITE HOST!

FANTASTIC support from theplanet.com... Their tech team answers 'live' and 'fast' and they 'are' really TECHS.

back to godaddy nightmare...

a week after godaddy tells me that my server is 'dead'... they email me that they can ping it... but they extort $25.00 from me to RE-SET THE PASSWORD!

i spoke to '2' customer service managers... HORRIBLE... they won't waive the $25.00 fee for a mistake THEY made in pronouncing my server, incorrectly, D.O.A.

so i pay, i have no choice...

next nightmare... they won't allow me access to my server, it's suspended, because i'm over the bandwidth limit... the hacker's traffic was 500 gigs in one day!

so i pay more extortion money to godaddy to 'up' my bandwidth...
another $40

i figure by now... i can finally access my server...

now godaddy says that my server is in a SECURITY REVIEW and i have to wait another THREE DAYS to access my server!!

mf'ers...

i wait... to my incredible and HAPPY SURPRISE... my data is backup and all my member real estate agent websites are RESTORED! MIRACLE... especially after godaddy tells me 2 weeks previous that my server was DEAD

i can ftp in... all member website functions appear to be working fine... (this is 9 YEARS worth of coding!)...

suddenly without warning, just a few hours later, i can no longer ftp or ssh into my server...

FRANTICALLY i contact tech support (by email because you are NEVER allowed to call them.. only 'chat' with them and those are the SAME STUPID PEOPLE WHO ANSWER THE PHONE!)

i tell them do NOT touch my server!!! i need to regain ftp/ ssh access to download / backup my data...

but the mf'ers... PULL MY HARD DRIVE ... and WIPE OUT MY BUSINESS

i am now in the process of trying to restore all my data on theplanet.com
A  23rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I want to say that GODaddy Dedicated Server Service really screw up our business and not offering any apologizes in return. GoDaddy did not provide any way or advice for us how to restore the whole system. GoDaddy support is very slow and terrible and does not provide any advice.

GoDaddy backups/restore procedure is misleading as they actually do not provide one. GoDaddy has asked us to re-install all programs and configure all again manually. This is not a professional way to do backup. We had account with other companies like HostMySite and they are able to restore the system for us in few hours.

There are programs installed, fine tuning for several days, patches applied, configurations etc. We do not even have all installation programs or know the order in which it was applied.

After few weeks the sites are still not operational and GoDaddy did not provide any advice or way to restore the system.

We lost months of data and development...

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree