Go Relax Travel / Buyer beware

1 Review updated:

Deceptive marketing practices. This Merchant deceives the public through a so-called 'Vacation give-away', You respond to a question posted by the announcer which states that if you are one of the first 10 callers, you win a trip to Gran Melia Resort in Puerto Rico. The 'so called' vacation give away costs me $315.00 dollars and is loaded with fees and reservation fees. total cost would exceed 400.00. for 3 days.

In addition to this I was not made aware that there was a TIMESHARE previewing requirement before you qualify for the the 'so-called' vacation package. When I asked for a refund they refused. It is a sad day in America when a company needs to deceive the public to make a profit.

Buyer Beware!!!

Le

Comments

• Fe
      Dec 20, 2008

TO RELAX.COM.
    THIS IS TO GO RELAX .COM

THIS MUST BE THE BIGGEST RIP OFF,
    THE LAW ALLOW THESE PEOPLE TO GO TO A RADIO STATION
    AND SELL YOU SOMETHING, THAT REALY IS NOT WORTH.
    THEY ADVERTISE THE FREE VACATION PAKAGE FREE AND ONCE THEY GET YOU CREDIT CARD NUMBER, EVERYTHING CHANGE, I AM REPORTIN THE RADIO STATION FOR ALLOWING THIS BIG RIP OFF AND ALSO GO RELAX IS NOT REALLY. GO RELAX, THEY SHOULD CALL IT.
    I GOT YOU, (GOOD)

• Da
      Jan 09, 2009

Go Relax is a Scam... Dont go with them. They use the radio station to get people to call them and act like you won a free vacation trip. But the truth is that you end up paying alot of money. Then when you want your money back they refuse. Please save yourself from happening this to you.

• Av
      Jan 16, 2009

You can demand to this company by many Laws:

Misleading advertising and fraud.

You can call to your credit card and return the charge on 30 days after the charge ( ANY CHARGE YOU CAN GO BACK).

The best way is call and write to the radios and say that gorelaxtravel is a SCAM and also person to person run the truth about this company.

The other way is call to the number in radio and talk with any marketing agent to testify in court about the internals practices of the company.

Call the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services [protected] or Fraud Hotline
    [protected].

You have a right to cancel your purchase and receive a refund within 30 days of the date of purchase or receipt of the vacation certificate, whichever occurs later. You may also have the right to cancel at anytime if the accommodations or facilities are not available pursuant to a request for use provided in the contract if certain statutory terms and conditions are met. You must advise the seller in writing of your wish to cancel, and include the certificate. The seller has 30 days from the time of receipt of your notice of cancellation to send you a full refund.

The most important thing is ACTION

• Mi
      Feb 19, 2009

I have the same problem: they took more money than we spoke. They don't want to refund and they say "we have all recorded and you was agree with those charges". I'm going to report this to Consumer Affairs and any places to let everybody know this company GoRelax IS A FRAUD.

• Fi
      Feb 20, 2009

If you take a few minutes to search on the Net about this topic, you can quickly realize that the Credit Card scam related to gifts and/or low interest rate offers has been going on since at least, 2003. I've read enough on this subject to come to the conclusion that these call centers (wherever they are located in the world) operate without any fear of being caught. They cause hundred of thousand dollars losses daily to the credit card companies and guess what? The credit card companies pass their losses to the users who are…you and me. As of today, these pirate call centers are still operating in full force across North America. They have found the loophole for escaping from FBI and RCMP. The typical “model citizen” usually reports the fraud to the attorney or local police. I have news for you. You can file as many complains as you want to the authorities, they just can’t catch them! You can threaten of reporting their annoying calls to the phone companies, you can swear, being rude, vulgar with them – They are the ones controlling the game. They just hang up (laughing) until they receive a call from the next gullible person (and the wheel keeps turning). Whatever you do or say, you won’t be taken off their automated calling list. The heads of these scam acts like a computer virus. They are very much up to date with the changing law enforcement techniques and like a moving target, they disappear in the field. You can find numerous blogs and discussion forums related to this scam (this one is one of them). For every thread on the Net that exposes their illegal activities, they have members posting a message denying complains of people who got ripped off. They introduce contradicting information in blogs in order to confuse people who are unsure about the legitimacy of their offers. They have fake web sites, fake names, fake addresses, etc. Based on these facts, I think the only thing that can be done is to interfere with their practices. How can this be done? By “putting a stick in their wheel", hitting the weakest spot – their need to grab personal information from you. I’ve been practicing for quite a few times now and you’d be impressed by how patient they become when they feel that they have you as a fish on their hook. Again, the only power you have over them is to spend as much time as you can to waste THEIR time. This time you spend with them is time that they can’t use for screwing other people. I've learned a lot from reading in threads on the Net. Here is what I started doing: the principle is to play the game of being interested by their offer, providing fake information, pretending, acting, and creating delays. I hear you say that you don’t know how to reach them because whenever they call you because your call I.D. shows: [protected] (or any other spoofed phone i.d.). Didn’t I tell you they were smart? Here are a few numbers that still work as of today: [protected] (to reach the vacation trip scam) | [protected] or [protected] or [protected] (to reach the MCS credit card interest rate scam). If you need more numbers you can with a little effort “google” the name of the organization along with <1-800> in the search field and it should pull more numbers to call to. Finally, here is my recipe for a great "obstruction" session upon these scammers: 1) take a hands free phone (portable is even better as you can still conduct you home activities) 2) get them to go through their entire sales pitch by encouraging and acknowledging every once in a while 3) make it last as long as your time permits (they are the one assuming the charges of the “1-800” communication). 4) When you feel that they suspect your “game” (or when you’re bored whichever comes first), find a nice and polite way to tell them that they've just wasted 15-20 minutes (sometimes more) of their precious time stealing other gullible people. I guarantee you that you will get some reaction at the other end of the line. Give them a ride and flood their phone lines! Make their life as miserable as they do to us. HEARING THEIR FRUSTRATION IS A GREAT REWARD AND PURE PLEASURE. Don’t be intimidated if they threaten you of anything, they are totally harmless.

• Ca
      Mar 25, 2009

why you give your credit card if it is free, Clearly if you can demonstrate when it says that it is free

Apr 03, 2009

I'm very sorry to hear this stories, but my experience was really different. If you hear carefully what you're buying you will understand it. I already used my vacations. I went to Puerto Rico and Mexico and I didn't spend anything else of what I payed before. If you understand what really marketing is you will now what the business is about. I would tell everyone to buy it, enjoy it and excellent vacations you will have. I will like to thanks everyone at Go Relax Travel for your great costumer service. Josymar Hernández Orlando Florida

• Wi
      Apr 16, 2009

I just went trough the same storie. Put me in hold for the longest time. Told me that they are going to hear the conversation recorded. Come back and tell me that it was a mistake that the radio station didnt say or explain things like is supose to and I should place a complain, fax it and wait... This person who ever wrote 13 days ago name Josy, saying to [hear carefully what you're buying you will understand it]... I wonder if you work there and trying to cover it up...

• Ev
      May 04, 2009

O my god!!! why didn't I see these blogs earlier!! I got ripped off by GO RELAZ TRAVEL months ago and they wouldn't return my money. I didn't know you could report it to your credit card company within 30 days ARGHHH!!! well people please don't buy this ### because seriously their trips are ###! I want to use my trips and today they just told me I couldn't because I wasn't old enough or married! I'm 19 years old and single and I don't have a job so I don't qualify for the trips! BUt I did qualify to give them my money!! they also told me that the only people that qualify for their trips are people who earn more than $50, 000. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? why the hell do you have to earn that much money?? I am stressing over this...anyone have any suggestions???

• Ju
      May 30, 2009

I almost got scammed by these people. The tactics are the same: they announce on a local Spanish radio station that you can win a "prize" if you answer some question correctly. I answered it and they explained the vacation plan. It all sounded good until I asked if the air fare was included. They said it wasn't, but from the selling speech was not clear.
    They told me I had "won" two vacation trips to Las Vegas and Fort Lauderdale/Daytona beach and that I had 18 months to use it. At first they tried to charge me $259.00, but later I decided to let this one go because it didn't include plane tickets, car rental, meals or admission to any of the attractions.
    I don't know if they honor their offers, but what I can say is that their advertising techniques are deceiving, at best. Also I read someone said that you had to be making more than $50, 000.00 to claim your vacations, I don't know if this is true or not but they didn't specify that, even when they were about to charge me the money.
    Finally, they are very vague when it comes to specific details of the hotels they offer: I asked them what hotel I would be staying and they just answered: "Hilton", even though there were, supposedly, about 40 different hotels you can choose from.
    In short: if you ask them directly, they won't lie to you, but their selling speech is calculated so you think you are getting more than what it actually is. I would call those techniques deceiving, though I can't say anything good or bad of the actual plans, as I didn't purchase it.

• Li
      Jun 02, 2009

June 1, 2009

Hi my name is linda and boy did i get scammed today!!! AND TOdAY IS MY DECEASED MOM'S bIRTHDAY. Like everyone else I was scammed through a radio station, after much arguing back and forth with one of the representatives, my package was reduced from $383.99 to 208.99. Agreeing with the manager to return $175.00 to my bank account. I faxed them a letter saying that I would agree to the new amount of $208.00 not thinking of checking the Internet for scam reports. I will be reporting this to the BBB and the radio station and to anybody else who will listen to me. I'm asking anybody who has blogged about these scam Go Relax Travel if I can print out their comments to share with the B.B.B. Please blog back on this website before I print this comments if you would give me permission to use them!
    I need all the help I can get to stop this agency!!

Thank You, I know how you feel..

Linda
    Sanger, Ca

Jun 10, 2009

Please use this comment linda99.

go relax travel is a fraud. I got ripped off. After a fast talking guy tried to explain what I was winning I tried calling back to cancel and I had no idea it was going to be so difficult to get my refund. I want to cancel but no one picks up or answers the emails I send. I am currently on hold while I'm writing this comment and it has now been 1.5 hours. Please do not use this company they will take your money and not deliver.

Jun 16, 2009

I ALSO GOT RIP OFF BY THE SAME COMPANY. HOWEVER THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT THEY HAVE A LOT OF COMPLAINTS IN THE BBB MOST OF THEM IF NOT ALL HAVE BEEN WON. ALSO YOU CAN CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO REPORT A FRAUD BECAUSE WHEN IT'S CHARGE TO THE ACCOUNT IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT COMPANY NAME. ITS A SHAME THE USE THE RADIO STATION TO RIP PEOPLE OFF. THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE ON MOSTLY HISPANIC PEOPLE. PLEASE REPORT ALL THE SCAMS THEY ARE DOING THIS COMPANY SHOULDNT EVEN BE ACTIVE I DONT KNOW WHY SOMEBODY HASNT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT IF THEIR RATING IS AN F AND LAST YEAR THEY HAD 73 COMPLAINTS. THIS IS JUST MISLEADING ADVETISING AND A FRAUD TO OTHER PEOPLE.

• Ya
      Jun 18, 2009

I just got scammed by them...but I bought it in november and tried to reserve now...so more than 30 days have passed.

I will try to do the spamming the callcenters idea, seems pretty fun!

Jun 18, 2009

They have an ad on youtube but disabled the comments section. I'm assuming because of the many negative comments

check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyAskhVpSvw

Jun 18, 2009

guys i found another go relax travel ad on youtube that allows you to leave messages. I already left a message in writing and a video message. PLEASE EVERYONE LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR GO RELAX TRAVEL ABOUT HOW THEY'VE RIPPED US OFF!

Jun 21, 2009

I just got their add kicked off of Youtube

Sep 02, 2009

oh thank you miguel! just got off the phone with my bank that has a 60 day policy and they reversed the charge by giving me credit in no more than 48 hours. they told me to rest assure my $$ is coming back to me all 150.98 and regardless of any dispute they cant do a thing lol. I canceled my card and sent for a new one.if your bank is chase known as wamu or washington mutual give them a call, now!

Sep 02, 2009

hey i want to send ashot out to isabel witch with a major B FROM FRAUD DEPT. CUS THEY ALL A FRAUD AND lisandra and the mg carmen, they all full of it, sound more like attorneys than cust. serv. .good ridance . i'm glad is over . i got my money back!!!go relax my ... you suckers

Sep 02, 2009

Hey guys, just got a full refund the other day also! keep up the good work

Oct 08, 2009

Mi nombre es silvio perez he sido un cliente de esta compania atravez de la radio y no tengo ningun ningun complaint con esta comPania al contrario me ayudaron a salvar mas de mil dolares en mis vacaciones me fui a puerto vallarta y puerto rico pon tan solo $259 un resAort con todas las comidas bebidas alcoholicas y no alcoholicas y atracciones incluidas para mi mi esposa y dos hijos me trAtaron como a uN rey yo estando en el mar metidos y los meseros me llevaban mis margaritas hasta dentro del mar por tan solo $259 porfavor mi gente dejen de quejars si tratar el producto anteriormente pague algo parecedido por mas de $1000 y uds se quejan por este precio sin darle una oportunidad a esta compania de demostrAr su producto estan muy equivocados yo agradezco a mi esposa por haber llamado atravez de la nueva radio y las personas que nos ayudaron a hacer esto posible el senor cristian y a la manager gabriela velez por ayudarnos en todo y hacer esto posible gracias nuevamente y que pena que no pueda contarme con el dueno pero la senora gabriela velez hizo un trabajo de servicio al cliente que lleno mis espectativas

Oct 08, 2009

Seriously stop complaining when u are saving more than $800 i travel every year and this company just saved me over $800 on my vacation to punta cana!!! All this people is complaining when they didnt try their packagr me personally had the experience on the vacation and i will always thanx this company for makin my vacation turned to a dream ppl please dont even talk when u havent even try it thanx GO RELAX

Jan 06, 2010

I also have gotten ripped off by this company. I think all the people posting positive reports should get a life. They are just trying to deceive others to accept this scam. Thousands of people are complaining and 10 people are saying that this company is the best company in the world. I have a feeling that this people reporting positive things are the employees from the company in order to help a company that obviously is deceiving people left and right.

First of all, I would like to challenge someone that posted positive ratings to explain how did they get their trip and how long they were put on hold on the phone while trying to make a reservation & how much total money did they spend for their so called "DREAM" Vacation? HaHa! Depending on your answer I will know if you are liar.

• Va
      Jan 16, 2010

On Saturday Jan. 9, 2010 I supposably won a trip to "The Bahamas". I was told that everything was included in this vacation package. (Air fare, hotel, transportation, breakfast etc. ) When I received the letter in the mail a contract book was included that was written in English. None of the above was written except for the hotel. What gets to me the most, is that this Latino radio station EXITOS 93.9 allows this company to get away lying to the people. The representatives lied to me. They must of thought I was someone dumb who didn't speak English and didn't know my rights. I tried calling Go Relax Travel and they told me I had to write a written letter stating that I wanted to cancel my trip and get my money back. I even took the time to drive to the radio station in Burbank, CA to try and talk to someone, but they turned me away. EXITOS said they had nothing to do with my win, and that I had to call Go Relax Travel to handle the matter. This company is committing FRAUD and needs to stop robbing people of their money.

• Co
      Jan 27, 2010

They did the same thing to my mother took $400.00 right out of her account never told her about the timeshare and charge an additional $60.00 to reserve. they ripped her off and when you call it is so rude they laugh right in your face. what a major scam be very very careful!! Especially the elderly!!!

• Al
      Feb 26, 2010

My mother got ripped off by these people as well. She called the radio station and answered a question and was told she had won a trip to P.R., Vegas and the last one was Open. Airfare, Hotel and Meals were included. They told her she had to pay a fee of $389.99 to get the trips. She did. Yesterday she asked me to call and find out about making reservations and I was told that the only thing she had won was a hotel stay and nothing more. I got on google and researched GoRelaxTravel and found this site. After reading all these complaints, I realized my mother had been ripped off. I proceded to email the CEO of GoRelaxTravel and within an hour I received a call from him. He first started by telling me that he would look into it himself but most likely my mom was wrong and they were right. I asked about the recorded conversation and he said he would find it and play it for me. He did about 20 mins later he called and said he had the recorded conversation. The very first thing on the recording was a gentleman asking my mother for her credit card information. After he got it he went on speaking really fast that I was having a problem keeping up. I asked the CEO why were they asking for credit card information first without explaining anything to her and he told me that they had explained that to her before and that the recording was to verify what she had won. I asked why wasn't the whole conversation was recorded and he said he didn't have time to do that with everyone and that by law he didn't have to. He said the recording was about 5 min long but my mother said she was on the phone with them for about 20 minutes. I also asked him how do I know if that recording had not been tampered with and that if I could get a copy to get it analyzed to make sure it wasn't tampered with and he refused. He told me that I had to take his word for it. I told him I did not agree and that his company practices were deceiving and that's when he started to get nasty. He said his people do what he tells them to do and if I was calling them crooks then I was calling him one too. I told him that if the shoe fits, wear it. He starting using the f word and told me quote "Do you think that the $400.00 [censored]g dollars we took from your mother is going to make me rich? I'm not going to refund her any money". I answered by saying, you multiply that by a few hundreds or thousands and yes it will make you rich. I told him I would report him to the BBB and contact the Attorney General and he laughed and said go ahead I don't care. All they're gonna do is knock down my ratings and they've done that already. At this time I called him a crook and he hung up on me. Anyways I doubt my mom will get her money. Hopefully she learned from this experience and I hope other people learn as well. By the way he also stated that his company mostly deals with the hispanic population. This is the [censored]'s supposed direct number [protected]. At least that's what he told me on the first conversation and that's the number he called me from.

• Mi
      May 05, 2010

Posted: 2010-05-03 by Michelle Pimentel

I GOT RIPPED OFF...

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    gorelaxtravel
    Boston, Massachusetts

I fell into this so call free vacation... which cost me a total of 399.00! obviously not so free, , When I purchase this package to Punta Cana it was suppose to included meals, beverage and transportation. I was suppose to take this trip the following month for my honeymoon, my wedding date took place in August! To complicate things even more my house burns down and I lost everything!!! obviously financially I would not be able to take this trip. I called months later to make reservations on for this package. When I called they told me that meals, beverage, transportation is not included, and even said I would need to pay for sales tax on the rm.. OUTRAGED I told the guy I no longer was interested in keeping this package, and wanted my money back!! he told me they don't do refunds, after I told him I was'nt gonna spend extra cash on this package! and insisted on getting my money back! he put me on hold for a very long time and said a manager would get back to me!! no one got back to me, So fustrated I attempted to call them several times everytime I WAS PUT ON HOLD AND EVEN HUNG UP ON...URGH, , months have went by nothing has been ressolve! I just called them again about my refund and was told my package expired and they need me to give them a extra 210.00 to extend my package! WOW I can't believe these ppls, I feel like they intentionately kept me up in the " air until my package expired" and the nerve of this lady to tell me why let your package expire that's your fault! she says to me you had 18 months u shold have took the trip!! LMAO, , I tell her you gonna pay for it my funds weren't available for a trip!!! I try to reserve when the package was still good! even if it was a couple of months later, but after realizing the real details to your package I try to cancel it and get my refund!! but you ppls refuse to give me my refund! and even kept me in the limbo for months with no solution! Now you wanna bring up the expiration date! UNBELIEVABLE, , I finally decided to put a claim with BBB, and attorney general too! I only wish I would have done this sooner!! Instead of assuming they are companies who actually care about there consumers!!! PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS A SIMILIAR CASE & actually got something resolve, , cause of how much time has went by...please do tell me what I can do next!!! not gonna give up & we should def bring these CROOKS DOWN!

Jun 08, 2010

Make complaints to the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org and the Florida Attorney General www.myfloridalegal.com or Office of the Attorney General PL-01 The Capitol Tallahassee, Florida [protected] Telephone: [protected] Toll Free within Florida: [protected]. Attorney General have a case on them.

Jun 21, 2010

Guys if you are interested in setting up a class action against Go Relax travel. Please let it be known. I am about to go find me a lawyer to get a class action against this practice. I will be checking up on here, if anyone interested. I had an arguement with these folks. I received a welcome package kit cert. # 72407 stating that I have 18months to complete my travel. The whole scam was confusing as well, because it was suppose to be a, you are a winner, Instead they rackup the fees. I've called today, 21 Jun 2010, To request for an extention. Their excuse is that it's expired 15th Jun 2010. They are also trying to use the recording as a means to back up their claim. Well, what they fail to see, is that in the recording I stated that it was confusing. They are trying to charge me an extra 99.00 to extend it. They are not getting a penny from me no more. I will find me a lawyer that is willing to get a class action started against Go Relax.

• Sn
      Oct 14, 2010

My Mother fell for the same scam, thankfully I work for a law firm and we are in the middle of investigating Go Relax Travel, LLC and filing a class action law suit. If you have been wronged by this company, Please send me your name and address so that we may send you a notice if and when this occurs. My email is [protected]@gmail.com.

On June 4, 2010 the company informed BBB they will not reply to any more BBB complaints. Consumers who wish to file a complaint may do so online with the Florida Attorney General at www.myfloridalegal.com
    or by writing to:
    Office of the Attorney General
    PL-01 The Capitol
    Tallahassee, Florida [protected].

Here is the information on this "company":

Florida Limited Liability Company