Go Relax Travel / Buyer beware

Deceptive marketing practices. This Merchant deceives the public through a so-called 'Vacation give-away', You respond to a question posted by the announcer which states that if you are one of the first 10 callers, you win a trip to Gran Melia Resort in Puerto Rico. The 'so called' vacation give away costs me $315.00 dollars and is loaded with fees and reservation fees. total cost would exceed 400.00. for 3 days.

In addition to this I was not made aware that there was a TIMESHARE previewing requirement before you qualify for the the 'so-called' vacation package. When I asked for a refund they refused. It is a sad day in America when a company needs to deceive the public to make a profit.

Buyer Beware!!!

Le

Comments

Fe
  20th of Dec, 2008

TO RELAX.COM.
THIS IS TO GO RELAX .COM

THIS MUST BE THE BIGGEST RIP OFF,
THE LAW ALLOW THESE PEOPLE TO GO TO A RADIO STATION
AND SELL YOU SOMETHING, THAT REALY IS NOT WORTH.
THEY ADVERTISE THE FREE VACATION PAKAGE FREE AND ONCE THEY GET YOU CREDIT CARD NUMBER, EVERYTHING CHANGE, I AM REPORTIN THE RADIO STATION FOR ALLOWING THIS BIG RIP OFF AND ALSO GO RELAX IS NOT REALLY. GO RELAX, THEY SHOULD CALL IT.
I GOT YOU, (GOOD)

Da
  9th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Go Relax is a Scam... Dont go with them. They use the radio station to get people to call them and act like you won a free vacation trip. But the truth is that you end up paying alot of money. Then when you want your money back they refuse. Please save yourself from happening this to you.

Av
  16th of Jan, 2009

You can demand to this company by many Laws:

Misleading advertising and fraud.

You can call to your credit card and return the charge on 30 days after the charge ( ANY CHARGE YOU CAN GO BACK).

The best way is call and write to the radios and say that gorelaxtravel is a SCAM and also person to person run the truth about this company.

The other way is call to the number in radio and talk with any marketing agent to testify in court about the internals practices of the company.

Call the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services 1-800- 435-7352 or Fraud Hotline
1-866-966-7226.

You have a right to cancel your purchase and receive a refund within 30 days of the date of purchase or receipt of the vacation certificate, whichever occurs later. You may also have the right to cancel at anytime if the accommodations or facilities are not available pursuant to a request for use provided in the contract if certain statutory terms and conditions are met. You must advise the seller in writing of your wish to cancel, and include the certificate. The seller has 30 days from the time of receipt of your notice of cancellation to send you a full refund.

The most important thing is ACTION

Mi
  19th of Feb, 2009

I have the same problem: they took more money than we spoke. They don't want to refund and they say "we have all recorded and you was agree with those charges". I'm going to report this to Consumer Affairs and any places to let everybody know this company GoRelax IS A FRAUD.

Fi
  20th of Feb, 2009

If you take a few minutes to search on the Net about this topic, you can quickly realize that the Credit Card scam related to gifts and/or low interest rate offers has been going on since at least, 2003. I've read enough on this subject to come to the conclusion that these call centers (wherever they are located in the world) operate without any fear of being caught. They cause hundred of thousand dollars losses daily to the credit card companies and guess what? The credit card companies pass their losses to the users who are…you and me. As of today, these pirate call centers are still operating in full force across North America. They have found the loophole for escaping from FBI and RCMP. The typical “model citizen” usually reports the fraud to the attorney or local police. I have news for you. You can file as many complains as you want to the authorities, they just can’t catch them! You can threaten of reporting their annoying calls to the phone companies, you can swear, being rude, vulgar with them – They are the ones controlling the game. They just hang up (laughing) until they receive a call from the next gullible person (and the wheel keeps turning). Whatever you do or say, you won’t be taken off their automated calling list. The heads of these scam acts like a computer virus. They are very much up to date with the changing law enforcement techniques and like a moving target, they disappear in the field. You can find numerous blogs and discussion forums related to this scam (this one is one of them). For every thread on the Net that exposes their illegal activities, they have members posting a message denying complains of people who got ripped off. They introduce contradicting information in blogs in order to confuse people who are unsure about the legitimacy of their offers. They have fake web sites, fake names, fake addresses, etc. Based on these facts, I think the only thing that can be done is to interfere with their practices. How can this be done? By “putting a stick in their wheel", hitting the weakest spot – their need to grab personal information from you. I’ve been practicing for quite a few times now and you’d be impressed by how patient they become when they feel that they have you as a fish on their hook. Again, the only power you have over them is to spend as much time as you can to waste THEIR time. This time you spend with them is time that they can’t use for screwing other people. I've learned a lot from reading in threads on the Net. Here is what I started doing: the principle is to play the game of being interested by their offer, providing fake information, pretending, acting, and creating delays. I hear you say that you don’t know how to reach them because whenever they call you because your call I.D. shows: 123-456-7890 (or any other spoofed phone i.d.). Didn’t I tell you they were smart? Here are a few numbers that still work as of today: 1 800-501-0100 (to reach the vacation trip scam) | 1 888-786-6201 or 1 800 943-3250 or 1 800-961-9830 (to reach the MCS credit card interest rate scam). If you need more numbers you can with a little effort “google” the name of the organization along with <1-800> in the search field and it should pull more numbers to call to. Finally, here is my recipe for a great "obstruction" session upon these scammers: 1) take a hands free phone (portable is even better as you can still conduct you home activities) 2) get them to go through their entire sales pitch by encouraging and acknowledging every once in a while 3) make it last as long as your time permits (they are the one assuming the charges of the “1-800” communication). 4) When you feel that they suspect your “game” (or when you’re bored whichever comes first), find a nice and polite way to tell them that they've just wasted 15-20 minutes (sometimes more) of their precious time stealing other gullible people. I guarantee you that you will get some reaction at the other end of the line. Give them a ride and flood their phone lines! Make their life as miserable as they do to us. HEARING THEIR FRUSTRATION IS A GREAT REWARD AND PURE PLEASURE. Don’t be intimidated if they threaten you of anything, they are totally harmless.

Ca
  25th of Mar, 2009

why you give your credit card if it is free, Clearly if you can demonstrate when it says that it is free

Jo
  3rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes

I'm very sorry to hear this stories, but my experience was really different. If you hear carefully what you're buying you will understand it. I already used my vacations. I went to Puerto Rico and Mexico and I didn't spend anything else of what I payed before. If you understand what really marketing is you will now what the business is about. I would tell everyone to buy it, enjoy it and excellent vacations you will have. I will like to thanks everyone at Go Relax Travel for your great costumer service. Josymar Hernández Orlando Florida

Wi
  16th of Apr, 2009

I just went trough the same storie. Put me in hold for the longest time. Told me that they are going to hear the conversation recorded. Come back and tell me that it was a mistake that the radio station didnt say or explain things like is supose to and I should place a complain, fax it and wait... This person who ever wrote 13 days ago name Josy, saying to [hear carefully what you're buying you will understand it]... I wonder if you work there and trying to cover it up...

Ev
  4th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

O my god!!! why didn't I see these blogs earlier!! I got ripped off by GO RELAZ TRAVEL months ago and they wouldn't return my money. I didn't know you could report it to your credit card company within 30 days ARGHHH!!! well people please don't buy this ### because seriously their trips are ###! I want to use my trips and today they just told me I couldn't because I wasn't old enough or married! I'm 19 years old and single and I don't have a job so I don't qualify for the trips! BUt I did qualify to give them my money!! they also told me that the only people that qualify for their trips are people who earn more than $50, 000. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? why the hell do you have to earn that much money?? I am stressing over this...anyone have any suggestions???

Ju
  30th of May, 2009

I almost got scammed by these people. The tactics are the same: they announce on a local Spanish radio station that you can win a "prize" if you answer some question correctly. I answered it and they explained the vacation plan. It all sounded good until I asked if the air fare was included. They said it wasn't, but from the selling speech was not clear.
They told me I had "won" two vacation trips to Las Vegas and Fort Lauderdale/Daytona beach and that I had 18 months to use it. At first they tried to charge me $259.00, but later I decided to let this one go because it didn't include plane tickets, car rental, meals or admission to any of the attractions.
I don't know if they honor their offers, but what I can say is that their advertising techniques are deceiving, at best. Also I read someone said that you had to be making more than $50, 000.00 to claim your vacations, I don't know if this is true or not but they didn't specify that, even when they were about to charge me the money.
Finally, they are very vague when it comes to specific details of the hotels they offer: I asked them what hotel I would be staying and they just answered: "Hilton", even though there were, supposedly, about 40 different hotels you can choose from.
In short: if you ask them directly, they won't lie to you, but their selling speech is calculated so you think you are getting more than what it actually is. I would call those techniques deceiving, though I can't say anything good or bad of the actual plans, as I didn't purchase it.

Li
  2nd of Jun, 2009

June 1, 2009

Hi my name is linda and boy did i get scammed today!!! AND TOdAY IS MY DECEASED MOM'S bIRTHDAY. Like everyone else I was scammed through a radio station, after much arguing back and forth with one of the representatives, my package was reduced from $383.99 to 208.99. Agreeing with the manager to return $175.00 to my bank account. I faxed them a letter saying that I would agree to the new amount of $208.00 not thinking of checking the Internet for scam reports. I will be reporting this to the BBB and the radio station and to anybody else who will listen to me. I'm asking anybody who has blogged about these scam Go Relax Travel if I can print out their comments to share with the B.B.B. Please blog back on this website before I print this comments if you would give me permission to use them!
I need all the help I can get to stop this agency!!

Thank You, I know how you feel..

Linda
Sanger, Ca

10th of Jun, 2009

Please use this comment linda99.

go relax travel is a fraud. I got ripped off. After a fast talking guy tried to explain what I was winning I tried calling back to cancel and I had no idea it was going to be so difficult to get my refund. I want to cancel but no one picks up or answers the emails I send. I am currently on hold while I'm writing this comment and it has now been 1.5 hours. Please do not use this company they will take your money and not deliver.

Ja
  16th of Jun, 2009

I ALSO GOT RIP OFF BY THE SAME COMPANY. HOWEVER THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT THEY HAVE A LOT OF COMPLAINTS IN THE BBB MOST OF THEM IF NOT ALL HAVE BEEN WON. ALSO YOU CAN CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO REPORT A FRAUD BECAUSE WHEN IT'S CHARGE TO THE ACCOUNT IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT COMPANY NAME. ITS A SHAME THE USE THE RADIO STATION TO RIP PEOPLE OFF. THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE ON MOSTLY HISPANIC PEOPLE. PLEASE REPORT ALL THE SCAMS THEY ARE DOING THIS COMPANY SHOULDNT EVEN BE ACTIVE I DONT KNOW WHY SOMEBODY HASNT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT IF THEIR RATING IS AN F AND LAST YEAR THEY HAD 73 COMPLAINTS. THIS IS JUST MISLEADING ADVETISING AND A FRAUD TO OTHER PEOPLE.

Ya
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I just got scammed by them...but I bought it in november and tried to reserve now...so more than 30 days have passed.

I will try to do the spamming the callcenters idea, seems pretty fun!

18th of Jun, 2009

They have an ad on youtube but disabled the comments section. I'm assuming because of the many negative comments

check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyAskhVpSvw

18th of Jun, 2009

guys i found another go relax travel ad on youtube that allows you to leave messages. I already left a message in writing and a video message. PLEASE EVERYONE LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR GO RELAX TRAVEL ABOUT HOW THEY'VE RIPPED US OFF!

21st of Jun, 2009

I just got their add kicked off of Youtube

Lu
  2nd of Sep, 2009

oh thank you miguel! just got off the phone with my bank that has a 60 day policy and they reversed the charge by giving me credit in no more than 48 hours. they told me to rest assure my $$ is coming back to me all 150.98 and regardless of any dispute they cant do a thing lol. I canceled my card and sent for a new one.if your bank is chase known as wamu or washington mutual give them a call, now!

Lu
  2nd of Sep, 2009

hey i want to send ashot out to isabel witch with a major B FROM FRAUD DEPT. CUS THEY ALL A FRAUD AND lisandra and the mg carmen, they all full of it, sound more like attorneys than cust. serv. .good ridance . i'm glad is over . i got my money back!!!go relax my ... you suckers

2nd of Sep, 2009

Hey guys, just got a full refund the other day also! keep up the good work