Gmac Mortgage / horrible modification policy
Beware! We were offered a home modification, reducing our payments. They have a trial period of four months, and then if payments are made successfully they will give you a permanent modification.
During the trial period, if regular payments are not made, they will mark the past due balance as 30, 60, 90+ days late on your credit. If you pay the modified amount during the trial your credit will be ruined.
If they decide to add an escrow to your account, you will need to make the new higher payments or suffer negative credit marks.
Negative credit marks will increase your credit card rates, homeowners and auto premiums.
You will be forced to pay the regular payment, an increased payment adding escrow or ruined credit.
For at risk homebuyers not 30 days late, this is a doom.
They need to change their policy before they ruin people's finances.
More Gmac Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Gmac - lien release 
- Defrauded By Gmac Loss Mitigation Department, Gmac Mortgage, 800 - 850 - 4622, 800 - 766 - 4622 - federal fraud 
- Gmac Now Ally Finance - repo'd truck 
- Gmac Mortgage - no customer service! 
- Gmac - repossession! 
- Gmac - title to car 
- Gmac Mortgage - late mortgage 
- Gmac Mortgage - mortgage fraud/ falsifying documents 
- Gmac / Ally - insurances/escrow /servicing
- Gmac / Alley - unjustified repo