Global Tele Link / quality of service!

1 Singapore Review updated:

Beware !!! The worst service of phone cards which anyone you can see. Always deducts more minutes from your card value, and sometimes the voice quality is so bad that you have to shout loudly... The customer service is worst. They keep calling you even after you tell them not to call. They will keep disturbing your family and you... Sometimes they may talk rude too.

Comments

• Pa
      13th of Apr, 2008

I fully agree with you. We should spread the message about this non professional company. My friends also reported same things, and one of them had to lose more than 150 $ of his card value.. friends... spread the message about "Global Tele Link"..

• To
      14th of Apr, 2008

why does the company keeps calling my house every.. what, 5 minutes using the number 647-7232500.I don't get it, it keeps calling and calling, I tried calling back, and all I get is"please enter your account number"What the heck is wrong with them?!

• Ra
      26th of May, 2008

Never ever buy / purchase any services from Global tele link...even you get at free of cost. Your life will be hell...you will keep getting calls from different different call center people at different time and what ever you shout to them...they won't care...totally shame less people...

I am just trying to find out how to make complaint to "TRAI" to cancle the license for Global telelink in India.

Ravi Sharma
    (Singapore)

• Ra
      4th of Jun, 2008

Global Tele links is a nuisance,
    They call everyday as though they do not have any new calling list, ahve told them umpteen number of times, that I do not have any relatives in India, So I dont need the card, It just does not seem to penetrate into their heads, they still call and add to it they also fight and argue on the phone, just yesterday I had a caller who told me that I was wrong and that I had to listen to herie her product...

I beg your pardon but what happened to customer service, Infact now I plan on discouraging even my friends to take up their service .

Irritated customer..

• Ga
      11th of Jun, 2008

VERY VERY TRUE. THEY KEEP CALLING YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT TOO AT HARD HOURS AFTER SAYING SO, SO MANY TIMES NOT TO CALL ME.

• Su
      18th of Jun, 2008

Does anybody know if I can change to a different company I've seen way to many complaints and have plenty of my own.

1st of Jul, 2008

This company is unprofessional and they do not honor the 'do not call registry' in the US. Many of the folks who call, tell me that the call center application they are provided with does not have provision for entering notes against a number, preventing future calls. It is not the fault of the operator, but they can be courteous. However, when I have spoken to the supervisors, they are absolutely unprofessional. I have found out that the company is also based in Atlanta, GA and the CEO is the only person who has the authority to change this type of policies. If there is sufficient interest on this forum, then I will find out more and we can proceed further.

• Cm
      21st of Jul, 2008

I've called customer service three times and they're very rude! Every single phone operator, including the supervisor has hung up on me and I was being very polite! None of them seemed to understand anything I was saying. Their English is VERY bad and instead of taking any time with understanding why I was calling, they all just kept hanging up on me.

• Su
      24th of Jul, 2008

I too am having hard time, everyday I get calls and I have told them N NUMBER OF TIMES I DONT NEED THEIR service, they still keeping asking why ? why not ?? I am not sure how to solve this issue ?Any ideas how to complain on this company ? Will be thankful if anyone one you comes with a brilliant idea as "how to stop these guys calling us daily " ...Any ideas

24th of Jul, 2008

THE GOVERMENT NEEDS TO CLOSE THEM DOWN!!! GLOBAL TEL LINK ARE CROOKS! Tthey TAKE ADVANTAGE of the families who have loved ones in jail and prison!!! Why is it that I can call across the nation and pay for only one call and talk as long as needed, yet to speak to my son 400 miles away I am charged 14.00 for a 20 minute call, and I must pay 50.00 + each month in advance???? This company and those prisons and jails that support their STEALING should all be put in their own facilities!!! CROOKS WILL ANSWER TO GOD ONE DAY AND I PRAY THAT THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND REPENT FOR THEIR WICKED ACTIONS BEFORE THEN!

• Tr
      12th of Aug, 2008

I am writing to their headquarters. If you want to make a difference and have your voice heard I suggest you do the same.

Global Telelink Services, Inc.
    6600 Peachtree Road
    Atlanta, GA 30341

Bob Smith, Executive VP

(678) 302-5017

30th of Aug, 2008

Oh my goodness, I just signed up with them for a prepaid card. I hoper they don't start harassing me by calling. I wished I had read these comments before I signed up

• De
      8th of Oct, 2008

I am so upset about Global Telelink's service. Pay close attention to your account. Several times they have taken full information from my credit card and denied the service. However, they still charge for the "service". Some places only accept certain services. It's hard enough with a loved one gone much less all this other hassle. I have been on hold for 10 minutes now and still holding.

• Go
      16th of Oct, 2008

Now, after reading all of the informative comments, I feel that my not being able to get through to Global Tele Link tonight after several failed attempts was a "blessing." What is really going on with this company?
    After waiting for 2 hours, I did get a call back, when I answered, I was hung up on, the person on the other end said nothing when I said, "hello, hello, hello. The phone just went dead.

• Ir
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I hate GLOBAL TELE LINK with a passion. They have been calling my house for the past 7 months non stop. They would stop for like a day or two then call again and at odd hours. I don't know anyone in jail or know anyone that would have my house number. I have try to call them and i get nothing . I have emailed them but they don't really do anything about your problems. I ignore there calls and they continue on calling. Seriously the government or whoever need to shut them down. They are such a pain in the butt.

• Mi
      25th of Jan, 2009

I totally agree with all these complaints made by other clients of Global Telelink. Repeated calls inspite of requesting them not to contact me hassling for top-ups and lack of customer service skills are noticable. Poor English from call centre staff makes me wonder what sort of training is provided. Good information on staff misusing credit card.. thinking of cancelling my card so staff fraud could be prevented. This also reflects on what are the true intentions of this telecommunication company.

Cheers

• Be
      12th of Mar, 2009

i no exactly what everyone is talking about i pay for calls for my husband to come thru and the system says that i dont have enough money in my acct. to accept the call then i dont get to talk to him and i cant get a hold of ne one at the comany cause they r always experiencing high call volumes and then disconnects. They need to b put out of business.

25th of Mar, 2009

I agree with every comment and letter that I have read, but what can we do other than complain. I live in Wisconsin and I'm going to file a commpalints with the consummers protection agency and write a letter to the States Attorney General and to my Congressman and Senator. Another person to get in contact with is your alderman and also the FCC. The FCC phone is 1-888-225-5322
    One person alone can't do much, but if we all get together WE CAN do something. So come on everyone lets get together, because all of us together can get things changed.

Anne

• Ci
      3rd of Apr, 2009

WHAT IS THE REASON FOR GTL ANYWAY WHY CAN THEY NOT JUST CALL COLLECT FROM A PAY PHONE I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND I'M JUST 25 MIN FROM THE JAIL MY SON IS IN AND THE HE CAN ONLY CALL ME MABE 4 TIMES OFF $25.00

• Pi
      12th of May, 2009

this place sucks i have been trying to set up an account for over 2 weeks, and today the freaking customer service rep hung up on me. this is out of control, how can such a bad company have control over the coorectional department?