Global Tel Link / Stealing

1 Toledo, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1877 650 4249

Global tel link has taken my money and done with it what they wish. I can never talk to customer service representative, and some times the representative just hangs up in my face. Other times the disconnects and will not even ring to a CSR, so you have to call back numerous times and try it over and over again. If I am able to finally get someone after fifteen tries everyday for two or three days straight, the are rude, refuse to correct problem, and they have hung up on me. I have been over charged, I have been stolen from and they have taken additional funds out of a prepaid account that was not supposed to happen. As well they authorized a charge on my credit card that I did not allow, and it was their mistake and did not take it off. They have refused to solve my problem, when I have been patient.

Comments

13th of Jul, 2008

I agree totally with ALL the complaints I have read about this company. I authorized $50.00 on a credit card so I could talk to my son, and on the first call I was told that my balance was 39.00...I hadn't even spoke to my son and I got that announcement. I do believe that this phone system is a scam and they are the one's that need to be locked up. As I see it, stealing IS a jailable offense...

17th of Jul, 2008

They won't answer a phone call...they are awful...charges are outragious.

• Sh
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I think this company should be investigated and shut down by the FCC... They have nothing watching the scams they pull on the loved ones of incarcerated men and women. They do not respond to requests I have made for an audit of my phone call costs. They are rude on the phone and will hang up on you or put you on hold forever until you just have no choice but to hang up and try later resulting in the same experience no matter what. I am outraged that this scam is allowed to continue and yet we have no choice if we wish to communicate with our loved one who is in prison...

23rd of Nov, 2008

I agree with all the above comments, I owed this company $1.88 and the block all collect calls after I paid them it took three weeks to get them to allow me to recieve 2 calls per month I need another company and it appears they have blocked all others who are trying to help us speak with our love ones. I am very disappointment because GTL is not paying me for the bull service people recieve. JUST NEED HELP.

• Ms
      14th of Jan, 2009

I agree whole heartedly! I recently signed up for gtl corrections billing. I was allowed to set up the account eventhough the phone is in my daughter's name... This company even charged my credit card which is in my name. A week later, I was informed that I can't set up an account because the phone was in my daughter's name, therefore, she would have to do it. I told them I understood and I would like to be issued a refund.

This has been two weeks and the initial fee of $25.00 has not been refunded to my account. My daughter was required to fax a copy of the phone bill, which she did. A week later they could not verify the fax. We played phone tag... with a hit and miss here... and a hang up or insult there. Finally, I get four calls in one day. One said we owe $25.00 more . My daughter tried the phone, to no avail and the website to add money is always having technical difficulty. I want them to be shut down!!

Because they are the only game in town, they feel they can treat their customers any kind of way. There's a class action lawsuit forming against gtl, I signed and I suggest you guys do the same.

• Ti
      24th of Jan, 2009

its soo true on everyone thats been said about GTL.. !! they rip me off.. i added $25+ $50 + $25 and everytime they try and connect they disconnet BUT yet still charges me!!! wtf..! i call for customers service and no ones answers! my balance is less than 18 buck.. what the hell!! if anyone files a lawsuit!! count me in!! GTL youu suckk... !!!

• Ci
      9th of Mar, 2009

Yes! They are stealing our money. I guess they are ripping us off to pay their bills! But in due time they will pay because it will catch up with them in the end. They are unprofessional and thieves!!! I lost 120.00 to talk on the phone two time to the inmate! I am suing! I will post my lawsuit on this blog.

6th of Apr, 2009

I agree with the complaints. I even have a new one. Everytime that my fiance calls me and the call drops, it tells me that I have to add more time to my prepaid account. Even though I still have money in my account. They over charge and this has got to be the worse prepaid service I have ever encountered.

6th of Apr, 2009

I have to agree with the complaints. I even have a new one. Everytime my fiance calls me and the call gets dropped, they tell me that I have to add money to my prepaid account even though I still have money on my account.

• To
      22nd of May, 2009

Global tel link sucks . I can never talk to customer service representative, Other times the disconnects evenyou have to call back numerous times and try it over and over again every 2 hrs .and they never call you back. ''''''son unos rateros ''''''''

• Rl
      28th of Oct, 2009

I cant believe this company. I dont have a prepaid account as it all gets charged to my home phone bill, and they have blocked my partners calls, it has been 3 weeks and everytime he calls he cant get through, they tell me on the recorded message when he calls to hit 4 and when I do speak to someone they give me some BULL S**T excuse or another, I live in Canada, and they cant make me use their prepaid service. I am so angry and frustrated with all of this I dont know what to do.
    RS

• Sq
      7th of Dec, 2009

I have been playing with GTL since 1998. I know the government is busy but since they want to make prisons an industry, then the prisons should be allowed to chose the phone service to use. I do not know how the FCC allowed this monopoly but I can not wait until the house of cards fall with a class act suit. I will gladly take that 25cents after lawyer fees.
    JS

• Do
      20th of Dec, 2009

I pay this bill and cannot ever get to talk to anyone at the office.
    I need to know just the correct balance of my account. I have been having trouble ever since the prisons went to this Co. This problem goes back to to day one (1). I have sent letters to GTL in Jan- 2008 to find out "JUST LET ME KNOW THE CODE NUMBER"
    When this account was transfered over from the other company, I was never issued a code number. Which I keep REQUESTING. They just transfer my account over.
    AND AS OF DEC. 2009 I NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER
    DA

• Mr
      9th of Jan, 2010

these people are nothing but theives i say we call our congressman and turn them in. they have to investigate your complaint.

• Ne
      27th of Jan, 2010

I agree that they are not easy to deal with. My ex-husband had a problem with them last year and it seems that I am having a problem with them now, January, 2010. They blocked my phone without even telling me anything. My son could not get through to me. When I called the number they left on the phone and asked why they blocked my phone, they said it was because we used more than $200 in a 90 day period. Dah, who knew this was a rule. I have never had any contact with this company although the supervisor told me that I have had contact with the company (because I accept the collect call). This supervisor would not listen to my story which was that we did use the phone more in December because my son had not talked to his sons in three years until this year when they visited me. His ex-wife cannot afford to receive call with the exorbant amounts that this company charges. And now they want me to pay another $6.95 each time I give them money. No thank you. I am writing to everyone, maybe even FOX News. You really wonder who is the criminal here, ones in prison or on the outside.

• Ro
      2nd of Feb, 2010

i agree my step son is in jail and they just ripped us off for 20.00 of are debit card and when i call gtl they say some one will call you back but you no they do not call i wish some one can help but i no i am going to look in to it i will write the paper why should we keep paying out money and it does not show you payed it we can not keep paying out money to put in there pocket i think they put it in there pocket and take it home for kfc they should pay us for all the calling we do to get them to pick up the phone to talk to us and put up with them takeing from us this crazy i want all my money back out of there pocket i hope they give us a new company

6th of Feb, 2010

I have tried for a week to get in touch with Global. No one answers or the line is busy??
    "We are experiencing large call volumne? " All I get is a recording or no answer!!!
    We need a reliable phone service we can trust and not a fly by night company. I felt this company was questionalbe after I could not get a copy of calls made to me by my son on the internet. A call was made and I received a copy by mail. The information did not look professional.
    Does anyone know a reliable service that can be used for inmates?????
    I'm watching my credit card for any suspicous charges .?
    WHAT CAN WE DO?
    DO WE NEED TO CONTACT OUR STATE REPRESENTATIVE???????

address iof gtl ----box 173875, denver co 80217----if someone in the postal service could look up you applied for this po box # maybe there's a name and address attached.?

• Be
      4th of Mar, 2010

this is the first time I ever had to deal with this, back in the day inmates could just call and you would either accept or not, but now everything as changed . Is there someone else they can deal with, because they are rude and very quick to give you an answer before you can even finish your question. I'm affarid that if they don't find a reliable company that we the people will end up behind bars!

• Me
      14th of Sep, 2010

Globaltellink is Garbage...There Scam Artist...They take ur hard earned money and do with it whatever they want...There customer service SUCKS!!!...There actual services SUCK!!! and there WAYYYYYYYYYYY to expensive... There representatives are douchebags and i despise the entire company.

• Mi
      6th of Feb, 2011

gtl do suck I did tried them put 25 on my phone talk three times and that was all ... then had to pay services fees scew them