Global Tel Link / scam

1 mobile, AL, United States Review updated:

i went to this site thinking it was a fast easy way to get a account set up for inmate to call and i got scam out my money. when i called the 1 800 # no one called me back and i will never use this site again

Comments

• In
      29th of May, 2008

I have had it with this company! This company treats customers like they are hardin criminals, who dont deserve common curticy, and assistance. Do they not understand that the inmates have put us threw enough, and people on the outside are just trying to be suportive to there family and friend while they are being rehabed or possibley even in the prison system because they have been wrongly accused. Instead of being helpful to paying customers, they treat us like ### because they can. some prisons have no alternatives for phone call, leaving customers no alternatives to have contact with inmates. They know we have no choice but to use there service, so they know they are getting paid no matter how bad there company ethics are.

• Ro
      26th of Apr, 2011

Our grandson calls us collect several times a month and the facility he calls from uses Global Tel Link. We use AT&T for our long distance carrier and pay our bill monthly. Global Tel Link tells us their company policy is to bill the party directly when charges are $100 or more. Our phone company always accepts our payment. What is the deal here? They say their charges won't be any more than AT&T would charge. I doubt that or why are they insisting to bill us themselves? Or are they getting a cut somewhere along the line for heavy usage at the consumers expense or inconvenience of having to pay another bill? Someone should look into this.