Global Tel Link / Global rip off!

Global Tel Link has blocked my home phone line even though my loved one buys pre paid phone cards from the jail and i have never had any type of an account with them. I have called the number they left and i always get a message saying that they can not answer my call right now due to an unusual high volume of calls, once i did get an option for them to call me back at my home number. I pushed 1 for yes, but i haven't heard from anybody yet. It's been 4 months since i last spoke to my loved one on the phone you can not have it both ways GTL i will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

Ce

Comments

• Ka
      8th of Mar, 2008

We need to come together as a group united to end this treatment of paying customers. please if you know of others let get together and do something. There has to be something. Write your attorney general, your state legislators and your local phone company to complain abou the service and the better business buearu.

The onloy way we are going to make them listen to us and stop treating us like animals because are loved ones are in prison is to expose them and put them under investigation. This is racketerring at its finest if you ask me!

• Kh
      12th of Apr, 2008

They are liars and crooks!! I have sent a formal complaint to the FCC and the BBB. Please keep complaing loudly to anyone and everyone who will listen!!

• Vi
      2nd of May, 2008

This company really stinks. They have not invoiced me in three months and have cut off service. It's impossible to get through to them, either on line or by phone -- and their fax line doesn't work either. The last time my inmate friend tried to call they asked me to refresh the amounts in my account by credit card but rejected two perfectly good cards on four different tries. It is obvious that these people have a captive audience, otherwise they wouldn't treat their customers with such contempt. The DOC should definitely cut these bums off and find a new provider. Would I deal with people like this in a non-captive market? Not a chance!

• Tr
      5th of May, 2008

I agree with all your comments- I have had enough of Global Tel Link and their ignorance. I spoke to a n0n-english speaking "representative" today that told me the bill is sent out every month at the end of the month and payment is due on the 24th of the month- yet I was told today- May 5th -that the bill for this cycle has not yet been sent out- yet they still expect their payment on time. After 30 mins of round and round I asked to speak to a supervisor becuase they are telling me my payments are being received late( which is BS) and they have blocked my line AGAIN. I was told the administrative offices of GTL do not have a phone number- amazing!!! How do they conduct business without a phone??? I am sending a comlaint to the Commissions of NYS Dept of Corrections and the ATT. General. These people are rip off artists and they need to be stopped! They treat people who have loved ones that are incarcerated like ###- this is the real world- good people make mistakes in life- we are all human-that does not mean they should be treated like dogs! Don't stay silent people- GTL needs to be shut DOWN!!!

21st of May, 2008

GTL sucks

• Ti
      19th of Oct, 2008

Global Tel Links billing cycle is from the 26th of one month until the 25th of another. So if you were calling about a call that was placed on May 5th, then it would NOT appear on whatever invoice that you were to have, it would appear on the next invoice. So the representative that you spoke with gave you the correct information. The billing cycle or billing period for all invoices that you recieve are visible on right at the top of the page!

It really is funny to me the ridiculousness of some of these complaints, this issue is VERY easily resolved by simply LOOKING AT THE INVOICE!!

The due date is also visible on your invoice, which is the 24th of each month. It also clearly states because I am looking at MY invoice as I"m writing this: that payments sent by mail can take 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS to post to your account, if the payment is not recieved by the 24th your line can/will be blocked for non-payment. If you make your payment through Western Union, to allow 4-48 hours for the payment to process and post.

In my personal experience the quickest and most effective way to actually post a payment is by using a credit card.

So this complaint that you state your are going to file is an absurb waste of time!!! the PUC, the FCC and the BBB have legitimate complaints to actually follow up on and yours is NOT since all of the information is provided to you in writing.

There are enough frivolous lawsuits pending without you adding one to the mix.

• Ar
      22nd of Apr, 2010

I am angered by the business practices of Global-Tel Link. I am even more angered by the monopoly this company has on the prison system in the United States. I am researching legal action. My name is Arva Whittaker, . Something must be done; too many people are voicing the same complaints.