GlassesUSA.com / Online scam

I ordered some glasses from these guys with extra fast fedex shipping. They still have not even sent it. I tried reaching customer service, and they gave me a timeframe to go by with regards to how they process orders. Well that timeline ended a long time ago. They do not respond to any of my e-mails anymore. I asked about the status of the late package that hasn't even been sent a second time and have not heard back. I email them everyday. I've asked them to cancel and refund my order. They have not done so.

Normally I can roll with lifes puches but this is probably the third such company in the last month that has ripped me off in such a fashion. I am fed up, FTC needs to start doing what they are paid too and end companies like this. Not to mention that they refused to tell me they were Isreali owned when I got curious about the foreign transaction fee, just seems to make them look even shadier. Just wanna get the info out there so people can make an informed decision instead of the mistake I did.

Ed

Comments

• Bi
      15th of Apr, 2009

Maybe your glasses were delivered & you just didn't see the package. Just a thought.

• Na
      1st of Sep, 2017

@binder No, signed mine with DHL.no excuses.This co.will be put out of business.State Attorney loves this kinda of people.

15th of Apr, 2009

Someone else just took my post which is identicle to this one on a different site and posted it here. Anyways I posted this on a different site and Eddy plaguerized me for some reason. Possibly an attempt by the company itself to discredit me when people notice I don't reply? Anyways to give you an update they did finally get back to me. They sent two seperate shipping conformations. On one conformation it states that they sent it by USPS even though I paid for fedex. The second email I got stated that they used yet a different carrier than the one listed in the first confirmation. So which one is it. USPS, or fedex, or UPS. I wouldn't be surprised if I get another confirmation stating that they sent it through DHL, being that they now no longer deliver to the US. At this point I am no longer even angry just shocked and actually amused by this stupidity. I forgot to mention the tracking number they provided does not exist. I tried entering it with USPS, UPS, Fedex.

17th of Apr, 2009

I just found out it got shipped, from a foreign country where some things were happening that prevented the parcel to be shipped on time. So now my fears are gone. I got conformation that it was shipped. I have no doubt that the glasses will be nice. So I am no longer convinced of what I mentioned earlier, but I think that they should have been more clear about their location, I did ask.

17th of Apr, 2009

Confused the hell out of me

• Mp
      12th of Sep, 2009

File as many complaints with your attorney general and as many on line sites as you can...They need to be put out of business

• Ca
      15th of Oct, 2010

I haven't had problems with them at any point of my purchases.

• Bu
      10th of Oct, 2011

I ordered glasses from them, just frame and no prescription. The website said that it takes 4 business days for shipping. It has been 7 business days and they are not even shipped out. Horrible experience. Email customer service but never received any response. Waste of time.

• Ka
      24th of Dec, 2011

I should have researched this company before ordering glasses from them. I placed my order Dec 12. Being that they are called "glassesusa.com" I would never have guessed (but should have) that my glasses were being produced outside the country. YES they outsource!!! Two days ago, (Dec 21) I called because my online order info still says "processing" - I was told that their order system was having trouble updating, and the guy gave me a DHL tracking number. I went to the DHL website, put the number in, and all I got was record of a waybill but no tracking info. I emailed DHL today and received a fairly quick response saying that they hadn't received the package yet, please contact shipper. I called glassesusa.com, and was told that they are putting in an urgent message to the order processing dept, to have them track down the package, and that I would hear something later on via email. I waited a few hours, and as I suspected, did not hear from Glassesusa.com, called them, and was told that I may not hear anything until Monday Dec 26 - now do you really think I will????

• Ju
      4th of Oct, 2012

I purchased 3 pairs of glasses from glasses USA and the third pair I recieved were wrong and I sent them back. They now tell me that they have donated my glasses because it did nto have a tracking number included in an emailto them. Although the return slip and all other paperwork was sent to them they disregarded it and donated the glasses. Now they tell me they will give me 50% off of a new pair. BAD BUSINESS!!! Be careful when you deal with them.

• El
      24th of Apr, 2013

I ordered glasses April 7th, and have gotten the run-around. I received an email on April 15th saying they are in production, thenI was told on April 17th that they were in production and would take 4 days. Then I was informed today, April 24th that they are NOW in production and will take 4 days...I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have spoken with a manager and a VERY condescending supervisor and they want to issue $50.00 refund...what a joke! Please file with BBB in New Jersey, and hopefully this company can be shut down.

• Ve
      10th of Jun, 2013

I ordered glasses and they were expensive and they came and one of the lenses was not even in the frame. They said they would credit me when they were returned. I took them to a local shop prior to sending back and they confirmed what I suspected -they were cheap frames and cheaply made. The lense was not the right size for the frame. Waiting for my credit.

• Su
      25th of Aug, 2013

I have purchased 3 pair of glasses from this company. I have not had 1 tiny problem with you. Are you commenters working for the competition?

• Mi
      22nd of Feb, 2016

These guys are 100% RIP OFF`s!!! They are scam artists receiving there goods from...you guessed it China! This is why the big run around about processing, tracking etc. etc. This was the FIRST and LAST time I EVER do business with these guys EVER again. These guys are THIEVES!!! My next computer generated letter will be to the BBB to have them SHUT DOWN!!!

• Tr
      23rd of Aug, 2016

I had a poor experience with this company also. Took 3 weeks to deliver glasses with no prescription in them. I was initially satisfied with the frames until 5 months later when one of the nose pieces fell out. They would not repair or replace saying they don't sell that frame anymore. They wanted me to send them back (after I put in a $400.00 prescription no thanks!, then they offered a 50% coupon for future purchases if I sent them a photo, no thanks either! You would think with all the frames they sell, they would have some parts for them, but oh well, not too huge a deal as my eye doctor can probably fix them. GlassesUSA should at least compensate my eye doctor for that, but no they won't. NOT A FAN

• Pa
      24th of Dec, 2016

This people took 100% my money, sent me one pair of glasses (i ordered two pair) then they keep trying to get more money from me saying I owe them. I have contacted them on several occasions and all they do is keep sending me emails saying they have open a tickets on this matter. Their billing and refunding department do not take phone calls. They are scammers and thieves. I have vowed to make one of my personal missions is to discourage everyone with in ear shot, can read social media, or any other way of communication, based on my experience to never buy from this company. They are a scam!

• Ji
      17th of Jan, 2017

I ordered glasses with a coupon for good price, uploaded the prescription. The glasses came within 3-4 weeks and I couldn't see through them at all! I immediately went to the return page and put in information, but page would not let me print return label. Since their return policy states you have to return within 2 weeks, I began calling and emailing to get a return label. 7 days, 3 phone calls and 3 emails later, I got a printable return label today with a note stating I had 6 days to get them to NY, or they wouldn't process the return. Really? I agree they have very poor service. I wish I had done more research on the company before I ordered and wasted so much time - stressful, to say the least! Hopefully, I will get a credit. While they want the glasses back in 2 weeks, 1 they spent putting me off, they want me to wait 30 days to receive a credit. Bad feeling about the integrity of this company.

• Na
      1st of Sep, 2017

@JimTx The scam is the return label.Legally you have 3 days to cancel for full money retuned.My glasses were cheap plastic.Unbelievable, can't make a real pair of glasses for $400.I'm sick and tired of this.Hope to get my dispute resovled.never buy online again.

• Er
      25th of Aug, 2017

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! I GOT TWO SEPARATE ORDERS WITH SAME PRESCRIPTION BECAUSE THE FIRST ORDER WAS UNUSABLE!! NEITHER PAIR OF GLASSES WERE USABLE! THE VIEWING FIELD IN THE BOTTOM OF READING AREA, (PROGRESSIVE LENSES) WERE SO WARPED I COULDN'T HOPE TO READ THROUGH THEM. THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY! THEY SAID I HAD TO GET THE PRESCRIPTION VERIFIED BY OPHTHALMOLOGIST EVEN THOUGH IT WAS OBVIOUS I WAS NOT TRYING TO GET SOMETHING I WASN'T ENTITLED TO! THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFF! BUYER BEWARE!

• Pe
      4th of Oct, 2017

Awful, truly horrendous customer service!

5th of Sep, 2018
    GlassesUSA.com - frames

Frames are not what appeared to be when I tried them on. They arrived much too small for my face. Took over a month for glasses to be delivered and such a great disapointmentl when they arrived.

• Ka
      11th of Nov, 2018
    GlassesUSA.com - ordered glasses thru paypal

Glasses usa, refuses to contact me, say item not in stock, will charge me for new frames, VERY DISHONEST!! BUYER BEWARE!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS RIP-OFF COMPANY!!