Glamour Shots / ripoff

altomonte mall, altomonte springs, FL, US Review updated:

i am a member of 'social living'. i bought a 100$ certificate off of them to get my kids (ages, 3, 7, 11, & 15) pictures done for christmas. when i called to find out the details i was told i could use the certificate as the deposit. when i called to make the appointment-i was told i needed another 80 for deposit. fine. so i take my 4 very busy children to the photo shoot expecting maybe another 150$ tops would be reasonable and the closest glamour shots to me was the altamonte springs mall in fl.
they were very nice, took 52 pics of my kids and got the packages ready for me to look at. starting w/ one that was almost 3000$!!! i was astounded. I explained again that i have a very small family and only need 1 or 2 photo sets depending on the pricing.
the manager was very pushy about the whole thing and i was getting very uncomfortable. i turned to check on my kids and they were nowhere to be seen.
the other two people there had watched my kids run out thru the mall without so much as a warning to me as the manager tried to sell me something that i obviously couldn't afford to buy.
at that point we were down to 2 photos which as sets are 1-8x10, 2-5x7 and 8 wallets. my kids were now missing and they were worried about making a sale! i threw my card at them and they charged another 269$ and change on top of the 100$ certificate and 80$ deposit. i wanted to cry. i am a single mother of 4 and make minimum wage. if someone comes in your store with coupons that ought to tell you right off that this is something that they can't normally afford.
i am still extremely upset at the way i was taken advantage of. they didn't care about me as a customer or my children.
i work in customer service and would never treat a customer the way i was treated that day.

Comments

• Fo
      Nov 16, 2012

Why would you want your kids pictures taken at a place that is known nation wide as being extremely expensive? You could have taken them to one of the discount stores and had there photos taken a whole lot cheaper. I guess it is like the old saying----"live and learn."

Apr 28, 2014

So sorry you had this experience. The Turkey Lake store is the same way. These people need to be stopped!