Gilt.com / Some merchandise is not authentic

Don't do it!! I'll just list a few reasons that I have experienced personally.

1. Some merchandise is not authentic! I ordered "designer" towels once that tore up in the first wash. Took me two days to get all the pieces out of the washer and dryer. When I looked at the tag, it said "GILT". They had a cheap towel made and had their own label put on it.

2. Many pieces I received had water damage and were damp. Like the stores returned them for being damaged and they sold them to us.

3. Retail prices listed are sometimes fictional. I once orders a bathroom accessory kit, only to find the prices listed on the manufacturers website cheaper! Everywhere had them cheaper and Gilt's retail price was never associated with the item. Gilt said retail 100 our price 25, the manufacturer had it listed for 18.

Hope this saves a few people. I'm done being a dope to this fraud.

Comments

• Gi
      27th of Nov, 2011

Hello,

At Gilt, we try to offer our members the best possible quality merchandise possible, and we work very closely with our vendors to do so. It does sound like the merchandise that you purchased recently is not up to our regular standards, and if you have not done so already, we recommend contacting our Customer Service department as soon as possible about your order(s). You can reach us by calling 877.280.0545 or emailing [email protected] Our representatives would be more than happy to look into this situation for you. As for pricing, we certainly offer a great price on each item, but we can not always guarantee that it is the lowest price to be found. We thank you for bringing these matters to our attention! If you have any other questions or concerns, please be in touch.

Best,