Gexa Energy / Rate Hikes

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States

DO NOT USE GEXA!! Gexa Energy is running a scam with their month to month rates and their customer service absolutely sucks. They are incredibly higher than any other electric company for month to month fees. I was locked into a year contract with a decent rate (10.8 kwh) and received a notice my contract was about to expire. I called them 2 days after the deadline (my fault I know) and renewed my contract. I didn't pay a lot of attention when she named the new dates, but I DID ask if it would be in effect this billing cycle. I was told yes. A few days later I get my bill for the previous month and they billed me the new month to month rate of 19.62 kwh even though I was still under the old contract for half the month. So I called them and was informed I was told of the specific dates so I would have to pay the current rate. Also the new contract rate didn't take effect until 25 days after I called to start the new contract. So now I'm locked in with them for a year unless I want to pay the early termination fee. If I had known I would have to pay 2 months at such a high rate I would NEVER have done a new contract. I have been with them for almost 4 years and you would think they would want to keep their customers happy, but I was treated very poorly every time I called them. I'll honor my new contract only b/c I don't want them getting any extra money out of me, but I WILL NOT use them after that and I'll make it my mission to let everyone know how bad this company is and how they scam people.

An