Gevalia / they changed their membership, we cancelled, they sent to collections

1 Kirkland, WA, United States Review updated:

My dad had an automated delivery service for years with gevalia. He paid monthly by check and was never in arrears. Gevalia decided they no longer wanted their customers to pay by check so my dad cancelled after the listed final delivery was delivered and paid for. They continued to bill even though the deliveries had stopped. My mom called to explain my dad was on hospice and they no longer wanted the service and that she had paid the final delivery. The customer service was rude and said "fine. It will go to collections." my mom again said they did not owe anything, my dad was no longer at that address, and they had all the cancelled checks to prove it. It was sent to collections anyway. My dad has since passed and the collections has again billed my mom. She is distraught and is going to pay what she does not owe, so they they will leave her alone. These are people that never default on anything! Shame on gevalia!

Lb
Feb 21, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      21st of Feb, 2018

If it is of any help, you can address a letter to them disputing the debt. Per the fair debt collections act, they MUST cease any further contact or file in court, which they, of course, won't do.

• Su
      21st of Feb, 2018

What did they say when you contacted them after the first wrong bill? You contacted them, right?