Having problems with Gevalia?

Gevalia reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 19, 2007. The latest review k cups was posted on Jun 16, 2018. The latest complaint Unauthorized Charges to my bank account was resolved on Feb 15, 2012. Gevalia has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 28 reviews. Gevalia has resolved 12 complaints.

Gevalia Customer Service Contacts

SatClosed
SunClosed

Gevalia Complaints & Reviews

GevaliaPoor Quality Coffee Maker

Well, it's good to know I'm not alone on complaints against Gevalia. I signed up for the "free" Coffee Maker and coffee. The coffee is pretty good, but the Coffee Maker which was free is very poor quality. I actually worked in the Appliance Dept. in a major retail store and have never had someone return a coffeemaker due to a large amount of condensation running down the back of the coffeemaker. We would have to sit a dish towel behind the coffeemaker to catch the large amount of water.

The frightening part is, Gevalia actually sells that coffeemaker in their catalog for over $80. Do not buy any of their products, except for maybe the coffee.

When I e-mailed Gevalia with the complaint, I was told...I'll never forget this, that with every pot of coffee made it is normal for some amount of condensation. Not satisfied, I then contacted their Production dept. Although they would not look into the problem, they would send me a new coffeemaker. I declined and let them know if it was the same poor quality, then the problem would not be solved. I then closed the account after the rude associate told me, " Because the Coffeemaker is free, we cannot help you and if you are not satisfied with the product you can donate it to a charity. I was amazed. Bottom line, admitting to a design flaw would mean a profit loss to Gevalia. I hate to waste anything, so we actually use it in our travel trailer and cuss it every time we use it. LOL.

BEWARE: The coffeemaker sure looks nice and modern to go with any stainless steel kitchen, but it sucks big time.

Poor Quality Coffee Maker

• Ca
      carlene b nitkowski Jun 03, 2016

its been over 3days for u to return my money back into my acct. It was cancelled, as I told on of ur agents. She said dont worry it w/b returned in 3 days. When it was taken out, my acct was bounced. U caused me alot of trouble. I`m going to cancel completely. If it is not put back in by today I`contacting bbb & telling people about this.

• Mr
      mrenchin4 Aug 01, 2009

If it was free, what are you ### about?? You people are something else!! The coffee you bought was good and cheap. So you got a free coffee maker to boot, and all you can do is complain?? GET OVER IT!! By the way, I got one too and I love it. Several of my friends also tried the Gevalia freebee, and they think its pretty good especially for free.

Gevalia Coffee BookkeepingShabby customer treatment

I have been a Gevalia Coffee customer for several years. I was a member of four different coffee clubs receiving several coffees each month. Each order had a different customer number. It appeared to me that they had not properly credited one or more of the accounts. I received a past due notice but my online checking account did not agree with their accounting. Upon contacting their call center I was treated with contempt and was an obvious interruption to their day. I worked my way up the supervisory ladder only to be treated even more poorly. I requested an audit of my accounts so that I might understand why they were billing me. Today I received a refund check (looking very much like an advertisement) and so I called to see why I got a refund. Again I was treated as if I was an unpleasant interruption to their work day and was told that Gevalia had no way to audit my account nor to explain why I might owe them. They could not even explain why I got a refund. Instead, they just zeroed my balance and sent me a refund. I was speechless that a company as large as Gevalia could not offer an explanation as to why they thought I owed them money. Now I am uncertain as to whether I can trust this company's ability to keep customer records with any degree of accuracy. Be very careful when paying bills received from this company. They don't know if you have paid or not. They have stated that they have no way of providing a history of any customer account. I would have been happier if anyone along my way would have expressed regret for the problem rather treating me like I was irrelevant. I am sure there are some who would accept the refund and go foreward. This does not excuse their poor customer service, poor bookkeeping or shabby customer treatment. All I want is a feeling of trust in their bookkeeping. Good coffee is everywhere.

GevaliaUnauthorized charges

I found a coupon and wanted to try the free trial, when the free coffee maker and 2 small pints of coffee came, the machine worked 6 times and we wasted have the coffee because the water and coffee won't go thru, and you can't reuse it. the coffee tasted awful as well. I emailed to cancel the free trial and they said they did. then a few days later I found a charge on the credit card for $32.35, when I e-mailed to see why they would charge me, my email was unanswered and no response. So it looks like they charged me for the coffee maker and the 2 pints of less than satisfactory coffee.

No free trial people, just a scam and poor customer service.

There was nothing on the coupon that says you will charged for anything, at least that I could find. They did not ask me to return the malfunctioned coffee maker or that they would replace it or nothing, they just canceled my trial and charged me.

• Bu
          Bunny Pink Dec 04, 2012

YOU MUST FILE YOUR REPORT TO Delaware Dept. of Justice directly because the business is located in Delaware. Here is the information. You can file a complaint online:

Gevalia's customer complain dept's rep's name is Veronica. Her contact no. is [protected] Option 1

Veronica called me prompted by DA from Delaware. She asked me to file the case to a local police department in your own town. With the police report, they can start the investigation by tracking down the IP address.

Hundreds similar complaints are going around on Internet. If all of the victims file complaint to DA and police, Gevalia finally gives in, I hope.

Gevaliawesternunion money order cashed but no shipment received

i enrolled into their coffe pot offer and been waiting months,
        i called westernunion and found the money order cashed 3/09/09.
        now i get the run around from gevalia, they want me to trace the money order which is more money lost(14.95 for oder)and(15.00 for trace of check).
        i am not letting this go, their reps had me fax the check receipts to them and then another rep asked me to fax again, i said i did and she replied i see it in your account info... so gevalia nori the rep is lying on purpose and refuses to honor this order rudely. i have a letterfrom them that proves they got my order and the check cash receipt.im now seesking legal action because they have gotten the order with the money order in one mailing and responded to it further the letter they sent clearly is asking for a credit card which i will use against them. i order in february it is april now.

Gevalia Coffee — unwanted shipment

Received my free coffeemaker and for over a year recieved and paid for automatically delivered coffee. Thi...

Gevalia — Fruadulently obtained membership

When I ordered some products from Vista Print, being extrememly careful not to click any memberships and to...

Gevalia Coffee — Beware of them

I sent in my 'shipping fee' for the firms 'free coffee' and 'free coffee maker'...

Gevalia Coffee — Charged my account illegally

I obtained a membership with Gevalia last year. I had heard good things and liked their product. Last month...