Georgia Power Smart Meters / bill 5x higher then should be. ripping me off
I had moved into a nice little 1 1/2 bedroom apt. on january 1. I had gotten the power turned on through georgia power. I was seldom home 3-4 days a week with no heat on, 3lightbulbs in the apt. and everything else runs on gas. My first bill was almost $400. completly incorrect I am also a part time electrician and I calculated the kilowatt hours of all appliances in the home. I never even turned on the central heat only a small space heater for about 6-8 hours while I was sleeping. My bill should have calculated to around 40-45 dollars. I called up the company and they insisted the cold was the reason the bill was so high. (my little space heater runs the same capacity of kilowatts no matter what the temperature is). It was a complete run around with no solution. They insisted I just pay what I thought I owed and they would have someone check the meter. About a week later they said they changed the meter and my next bill was about 40. exactly what i calculated. Then the next month the same thing happend, sending me a bill for $476.00. I keep calling and complaining but they only fix the problem for a couple weeks. I pay what I think I owe but they keep sending me bigger bills that I know I dont owe!!! We need to get them to change the type of meters back to the way they were. because with the digital they can variate and program any number they feel from the central computer and they think no one can do anything about it. They are about to ruin my credit and my way of life. Georgia power needs someone to step in and moniter these computers more accuratley. were all getting ripped off!!!
More Georgia Power Smart Meters Complaints & Reviews
- Georgia Power - additional deposit required 
- Georgia Power - smart meter 
- Georgia Power - fees for a &returned check& that wasn't sent for payment 
- Georgia Power - liars and theifs
- Georgia Power - double billing 
- Georgia Power Company - back yard light
- Georgia Power Company - customer service
- Georgia Power Company - use and damage to my private property.
- Georgia Power Company - tree trimming on henderson avenue athens, ga 10/02/2018, 09:30 am
- Georgia Power Company - pre pay