Gems TV / Their products are very poor quality

I bought jewelry from Gems TV as a new customer. I bought a Topaz ring, silver amethyst ring, and a silver chain. After ordering it and waiting for it to arrive, I googled GEMS TV and found they had quite a few problems, but decided to wait and find out for myself. Well, it arrived and just like everyone said., it was poor quality, very poor quality. The amethyst ring was shown in the picture to be dark purple and when it got here it was light pink. The topaz ring was very poor quality and it was shown on TV with rows of diamonds down each side. No, I got flat metal with metal ? cirle things and a few small diamond chips and I do mean small. The chain clasp is very cheap and had to get closed because it is a bad clasp.

The complaints all said something about the security tag and the company saying if you try to return it they say you tampered with it. Well one of the tags came all crimped up, so if I tried to return it they would say I did something with it. The chain didn't have a security tag on it so I called to see if that was policy and had to wait 25 minutes for somebody from customer service to tell me they don't send tags with chains, but they sent a notice that said don't remove tag if you are returning item? I am not going to order anything else because they don't send what is shown on the computer or the TV at least it didn't resemble it with the 2 rings I ordered. It is definitely poor quality and my husband who could care less about jewelry even commented about how cheap it looked.

Comments

• Th
      20th of Jan, 2011

My only question is why were you returning so many of their products? Were you dissatisfied with the quality? Or were you buying, wearing, then returning?

• Th
      20th of Jan, 2011

sorry. comment was meant for another post but appeared here after I didn't want to put my info in. Check your comments code pls.

• Ge
      26th of Oct, 2015

I have bought from Gems tv over the years and some times the stones don't even stay in for a day. I gave a girlfriend a ring as a present, by the middle of the evening a diamond had dropped out. I have also given girlfriends bracelets and was surprised that they were not wearing them, eventually I asked if I had given the wrong style and in embarrassment I was told that some of the gems had fallen out. I have several crosses which on the second or third wearing, stones were missing. Also many of the amethythysts and morganites have faded and I had not worn them in the sun. Do avoid this company, if you wish to buy inexpensive jewellery try ebay where the prices are much cheaper and the quality far superior.