Geico / harassment
On August 2nd, 2008, I cancelled my auto insurance policy with Geico because of their poor customer service and because they caused me a $250 fine by cancelling my insurance policy (apparently because of my payment being lost in the mail) then telling the DMV that I have no insurance without first contacting me.
I made the mistake of paying Geico a six-month premium before I learned about of this.
I've signed up with a different insurance company since then, yet I
continue to get recorded calls harassing me about the policy at Geico that I do not want. Each call costs me money since I use a pre-paid cell phone.
To date Geico has not reimbursed me for the premium they owe me after my cancellation, they have not reimbursed me for the $250 fine, and they continue to make harassing, automated, prerecorded phone calls.
The harassment and unpaid amount that Geico owes me has gone on way too
long. I received the latest call today, 1/12/2008 at 2:05 pm, from the phone number, [protected], a full five months after I cancelled my policy.
I urge Geico to do the right thing and reimburse me, and I urge consumers NOT to use Geico.
More Geico Complaints & Reviews
- Geico Car Insurance - refused to pay my claim! 
- Geico - geico policies and procedures! 
- Geico - cancel policy 
- Geico - geico will not pay claim 
- Geico - scam and cheating 
- Geico - Inflating quote to salvage, stuff not relevant to accident
- Geico - horrible customer service, very unethical actions 
- Geico Insurance Company - roadside assistance
- Geico - mishandle the claim
- Geico - full coverage auto insurance