Geico / harassment

On August 2nd, 2008, I cancelled my auto insurance policy with Geico because of their poor customer service and because they caused me a $250 fine by cancelling my insurance policy (apparently because of my payment being lost in the mail) then telling the DMV that I have no insurance without first contacting me.

I made the mistake of paying Geico a six-month premium before I learned about of this.

I've signed up with a different insurance company since then, yet I

continue to get recorded calls harassing me about the policy at Geico that I do not want. Each call costs me money since I use a pre-paid cell phone.

To date Geico has not reimbursed me for the premium they owe me after my cancellation, they have not reimbursed me for the $250 fine, and they continue to make harassing, automated, prerecorded phone calls.

The harassment and unpaid amount that Geico owes me has gone on way too

long. I received the latest call today, 1/12/2008 at 2:05 pm, from the phone number, [protected], a full five months after I cancelled my policy.

I urge Geico to do the right thing and reimburse me, and I urge consumers NOT to use Geico.

D  13th of Mar, 2011 by
Let me get this straight? It is Geico's fault that your payment got "lost in the mail", that you broke the law in your state and did not have insurance? Also that they are calling the phone number that you provided to collect money that you probably do owe? If I was really worried about my "track phone" minutes get another one. If it is a reputable service provider get a different phone number. As far as the premium you paid after the cancelation, you would not owe anything if you had paid? By the way it is not even Geico calling you, they sell the debt to a collection agency. If you would pay your bills as agreed to you would not be in this mess, it is your fault. Also I personally glad that the DMV is notified that you are not insured, why should I have to pay for my insurance when you can't even mail your payments properly.
A  4th of Jan, 2013 by
StrawberryShortcake, you are a rude and judgmental person. Maybe she is telling the truth and did attempt to pay. Maybe you should just shut up, you mean little hausfrau.
N  4th of Jan, 2013 by
By the way, I should add, you don't even know the person. What is wrong with you that you look for people online to judge? Do YOU feel bad about yourself and take it out on others. SAD.
A  16th of Nov, 2016 by
Geico raised the my rates without informing and did not ever send a piece of paper with the policy or something. So yes, Geico sucks! Who loves insurance companies probably works for one, knowing the fact that a lot of agents take enormous comissions.

5260 Western Ave.