Geeks on Site / maintenance service

Miami, FL, US Review updated:

DO NOT use this company...not if you value your computer or your sanity. They crashed my computer while doing routine maintenance. Spent almost three hours with their "recovery" team until they finally determined the computer had crashed.
Denied any responsibility. They could send a repairman to my home for a minimum of 2 hours @ $99.00 per hour. I said I could find someone else for less and I did. I called back and told them I was absolutely fed up with their service and wanted my membership for monthly maintenance service CANCELLED and the automatic deductions from my checking account stopped immediately. Tonight I checked my bank account...you guessed it, they charged me for another month
Had the gall to say I had not cancelled my account. We'll see if they credit my account. Also said they had no record of previous complaints. Just two months before I insisted on receiving a credit for service. Two months before that it was another problem with one of their "Expert" technicians.

Comments

Oct 29, 2013

Same thing happened to me. I had a contract after they fixed a problem with printing. the next month they called to do check up, My computer was working fine. They had taken original protection off and substitute another that had 3 month trial period, they ran many scans over three days, during that time I could only boot up in safe form. after three days of constant work on my computer it crashed. they admitted that they could not fix it, sent tech to my home free for one hour. He said hard drive shot, gave me invoice 0 amount due. Geeks took the $99 service house fee out of my checking account, and also charged my account for the next month, after I contacted them numerous times to stop my contract since I no longer had a computer. I wrote the Florida Better Business Bureau, they have several complaints, also wrote George the owner, and Attorney General of Florida and sent copies of the letters to my credit card company fighting the charges. They were finally reversed. Geeks said I had a lot of virus, but that was because they took off my security protection they are a scam, don't ever deal with them!!!