Geeks on Site

Posted:

Scam fraud

4.7
Geeks on Site
I hired these people for 149 dollars to remotely fix my computer for viruses. I immediately noticed I could hear Spanish speaking people in the background and asked where they were located, they said Miami. They royaly screwed my computer up beyond repair and later charged my credit card anyway. I have reported them to the BBB and they have not replied. I called again later and finally got it out of the representative that they are located in Peru. Their website lied and they lied. "GEEKS ON SITE" IS FRAUD and a SCAM. THEY ARE IN SOUTH AMERICA and saying they are in Miami. I also called the Florida state taxes and they have several other problems for their lies. I finally just charged back for fraud and they didnt respond to that either. Geeks on site is a scam and after doing research they dont even have an office in Miami. They are blasted all over the internet for non-payment and fraud. Stay away at all costs!
Complaint comments Comments (10)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

A  28th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I am a former tech for Geeks On Site and I absolutely agree with you about it being a scam. I think that they are Mexicans or some other Spanish speaking group. Another thing that they do is to charge the customer too much, their tech support isn't experienced/knowledgable, and one of their HR persons is rude, crude, and obnoxious. I think that people should stay away from Geeks On Site, because they are also dishonest.
A  28th of Apr, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Geeks on Site is all in Peru and south america. They are a sweatshop in Peru and the owner is George Otte who is a 5 inch tall tyrant who isnt even an american citizen. He hires losers for 400 dllars a month to answer the calls. They are as informed about computers as a Dollar General candy salesman. Mostly people who have warrants in the USA or are convicted drug addicts. I worked forhim in Peru. He bosses people around like Donald Trump but pays like Martha Stuart. Its a loser company with loser employess and owned by a 5 inch gay dude that doesnt care about employees or customers, just gay hookers and trying to look cool. How can a 5 inch half Barbie look cool? Impossible!!! George give it up and move to USA. Pay real wages loser. Heres a picture of their proud peruvian losers. You may see some on Americas most wanted. SERIOUSLY! George is the weird small guy in the middle with Stilletos!

A  2nd of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
I looked in my local phone book for assistance for my computer. There is an AD for Geeks on Site. I didn't do any research which now I really regret. I was told that I would receive a call back when the tech was done, my computer froze so the job wasn't completed. This was done twice, I know I was stupid. The second time I called I talked to Omar who is the rudest person I have ever spoken to. At one point I did lose my patience and told him that he better listen to how he was saying things to me. He informed me that he would email the tech and I would hear from them in 24 hours. Everything must be done by email at this company. I did cancel the monthly fee so I wouldn't have to pay $149 each time, but when I called to see about the refund for a job not done I was told that they had to email the department and I would hear within 24 hours. That was that was one week ago! Will have to let the phone company know that they have a company in their yellow pages that is a fraud company.
A  2nd of Apr, 2014 by    -1 Votes
"Geeks On Site" Scam owned by non American "George Otte" Its a scam South American Company
N  21st of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I signed up with Geeks on site to help me with my computer. They told me it would be $24.99 to do a monthly maintenance. I called and ccancelled and 3 months later I receive a letter that my payment is past due. Get this they say I agreed to pay $99.80 per month for lifetime service----ugh I don't think so. So happy I lost my credit card!!!
D  18th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I am a technician for this company and as a private contractor if I mess up I get send back at my expense and the company is so nice to give me at least the gas money even if its a warranty so they pay for advertisement, staff, a call center or two, dispatch center, HR, Q/A department continuous shifts, and a tech that comes out to you and can accommodate to rewire your system and blow it out Oh and yea fix it and make it to your needs, various times advised multiple customers based on the attack taken on them they should check bank and cards accounts to find out fraud happened from their hack all for a hourly price of $99 ph or $297 for four hours that time left is credited for life and they do all this to get a tech out to our loved costumers and they're bad how?

Luis M.
N  30th of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I think there isn't any company out there that get's good review's. I understand where people are coming from but why the hate? Who care's if the company is not in the state's. Maybe they want to save money, not pay high taxe's. Geeks on site has changed their enviorment and they do not have any convicted felons working there. For the tech that is complaining on these reviews...my guess is that he was fired for exchanging personal info with the customer's which is in the rule book. Watch who you lable "losers", these people work here because it's a high paying job and they have familie's to feed, how is that loserish? Peru doesnt have that many job's to offer, C'mon people get real!
A  22nd of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
The “Geeks On Site Scam” is the worst decision I could have made. They agree and pretended to be on the same page as the customer who is just about to be scammed. The guy repeatedly mentioned they are familiar with Windows 10, not a chance when it comes to repairing a problem. The person who sang the praises of this company is another of their kind. The English sounds just like the foreigner they are, and NO, they don't know what they are doing - American people working for them as geeks don't know squat about what they are doing – there to help the rich get richer, so they make it up as they go - causing more problems and definitely not solving what they are paid to do. They do everything in their power to stay on the clock, which happened to me. It was also suggested Windows 10 was corrupt and I should purchase a new computer. I've just been bilked out of $247.50 and I agree they are scammers in the 1st degree. They should be closed down and sent back to prison. It is time something is done about foreigners infiltrating our country and taking advantage of the honest people. Please, INNOCENT PEOPLE don't get involved with GEEKS ON SITE! They will give you a high priced heartache that won’t go away. Trust me - this advice IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY!
N  9th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have used Geeks on Site for 4 years and have never had a problem. They have always been very professional and pleasant to work with.
D  7th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
Have used Geeks on site for 2 yrs now...I am an elderly lady..{85} very computer challenged but guess what ? They have always been so good with me...explaining very patiently when I don't understand. I have a hearing problem and when I ask them to speak slowly and clearly they oblige right away .And yes I have trouble with accents but they can slow down always make me understand. They do this cheerfully and patiently...they are way nicer than microsoft or my internet service provider...so perhaps SOME of you people out there are a bit biased about spanish speaking people ? You think ? Worked with the public myself my whole life...common courtesy invites courtesy . CW

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree