Geek Squad - Atlanta, GA / unacceptable quality & service

3079 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
[protected]
www.geeksquad.com

The Geek Squad of Atlanta has failed in many instances regarding appropriate quality control & delivery of service.

- Initially after setting up a home network that did not function properly, they refused to return my phone calls (the Manager himself wouldn't call me back), and would not rectify the non-functioning network they had set up (I had to pay someone else to come and fix it).

- I was then sold a hard drive (300 GB) that I used to back up my computer. After completely reformatting my hard drive, the external HD (that I bought from Geek Squad) failed to function a mere 7 days after it's initial purchase... It had ALL of my data for my computer. They agreed to replace the hard drive, but CHARGED ME to retrieve the data from it!

- I've attempted to contact them several times regarding computers or hard drives of mine they are in the process of fixing, yet they never return my phone calls

- Their estimated times of completion are NEVER right, and they also NEVER call to inform you an extended completion date. I was actually in the store when a woman came in screaming about this exact same issue (it appears as though it isn't just me that this happens to).

I hope that all of the Geek Squads aren't as bad as the Atlanta Geek Squad... if so, they shouldn't be in business anymore!

Va

Comments

• Jc
      26th of Nov, 2007

Hello,

I am a former geek squad employee and boy was I glad to leave these scammers. I left a full time job with full health benefits for a contract job with no benefits, just because i didn't want to be part of that sicko business of over charging people. Geek Squad/Best Buy inc. are crooks and deserves to be bashed in the public. Their number one agent in the Atlanta market/district does not even know a simple technical acronym about wireless networks he sets up every single day for over a year now. Instead of typing WEP, short for (Wireless Equivalent Privacy) he puts WEB key in all his notes after configuring a simply wireless network for a client for $159 dollars for 20 minutes of work. He has no formal education, no technical background, just training from Geek Squad on how to rob innocent people. Is this the technician you want to come to your house to configure your network? This "agent" who has also trained another agent on how to also rob people on the other hand is a little bit more technical, they are both very quick to tell clients that their computers are infected with Trojans and viruses. Geek Squad provides the agents with these little programs that finds cookies, and what we are trained to do is to tell people their computers are infected and then jip them out for a hefty $249 for their ADR (Advanced Diagnostic and Repair) and then to add protection software plus labor fee of $29 per install of each program that you just run the CD and click next, next, next. I have evidence to show how and who over charges client's not only for their high price labor but "agent" actually double charging clients for one service.