GE MONEY / never got credit for returned beds

In the Spring of 2010 I bought three Sleep Number Beds, using a Sleep Number Beds credit card, from their store in Paramus, NJ (Garden State Plaza Mall). Two of the beds did not fit in my guest room so Sleep Number Beds asked me to pay for a delivery truck to pick up the beds for return. I ordered the truck and they picked up the beds, but their credit card, run by GE Money accounting office, never credited me with that refund. They kept charging me $2, 500 for the beds even thought that bill should have been credited back to my account. Sleep Number Beds sent me an e-mail saying a refund was being processed, but they never sent it to GE Money. I submitted dispute paperwork by fax to the GE Money accounting dept, but they never acted on it. Instead, the sold my account to Asset Management for collection. I sent Asset Management the dispute paperwork, and they never acted on it either. Now, on my credit report, the disputed $2, 500 charge still shows up, from GE Money, but here's the weird part -- in addition, Asset Management shows that I owe them $2, 500 too. But it is for the same beds. Isn't that illegal to be charged twice for the same item? I am being charged twice, for beds that were returned, instead of getting a refund.. No one is listening to me, no one is crediting my account properly for the returned beds. Dealing with GE Money is like talking to a brick wall. It's 2013 and those wrong charges are still showing up on my credit report. What am I supposed to do now??? !!!

GE MONEY

Er
May 17, 2013

Comments

• Ge
      20th of May, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 052013_cb_Erinmedlicott **

Hi Erin,

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We tried to locate your contact information so we could reach out and assist; however, were unable to do so. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with a phone number where we can best reach you. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

• Ge
      20th of May, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 052013_cb_EMedlicott**

We're sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

• Th
      23rd of May, 2013

So far they have ignored you until you made this public - oh now they care. Teach these ### a lesson. Contact a consumer attorney most will take your case for free as their fees will be paid by the defendants, the ###. see collectionbully.com to evaluate your case for free or NACA.org.

Have your lawyer include in the terms that they have to remove the trade lines (TL) from your credit report.

You can also post your questions at debtorboards.com for more help.

• Gr
      18th of Jun, 2014

I paid on my outstanding balance for over a year only to have my balance NOT MOVE. All the money I paid, which was a lot, was eaten up by "fees" and "interest" - not a single dime went to my balance. In over a year of paying. Can someone direct me to the class action lawsuit against them?